• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Khaos Rails on a Regular Pro RMK

K
Dec 5, 2019
So I had the chance to throw the khaos rails onto a stock Pro RMK using all the stock Pro RMK suspension components.

Attached is a picture showing the difference on the front rail tip up. Not a huge change but it does effectively change the limiter strap length on the stock Pro RMK (by having the tip raised, it raises the lower limiter strap cross shaft height in relation to the upper Front torque arm).

As far as the difference between the length of the Front Torque Arm, I measure both the Khaos and the RMK and they measured center to center the same, approximately 17 3/16". The front track shock length on a Khaos is 12" ctc and the RMK is 11 3/4". I forgot to measure the limiter strap length on each though... We will see if just changing the rail will make any difference on the regular Pro RMK in the playfulness or not.

Did you have a chance to test this setup out yet? Been thinking about doing this to my pro 155 for a while now.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
More playfull yes, and no issues. the raptor kit makes the front track shock and limiter strap the same as a khaos.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
So I had the chance to throw the khaos rails onto a stock Pro RMK using all the stock Pro RMK suspension components.

Attached is a picture showing the difference on the front rail tip up. Not a huge change but it does effectively change the limiter strap length on the stock Pro RMK (by having the tip raised, it raises the lower limiter strap cross shaft height in relation to the upper Front torque arm).

As far as the difference between the length of the Front Torque Arm, I measure both the Khaos and the RMK and they measured center to center the same, approximately 17 3/16". The front track shock length on a Khaos is 12" ctc and the RMK is 11 3/4". I forgot to measure the limiter strap length on each though... We will see if just changing the rail will make any difference on the regular Pro RMK in the playfulness or not.

I am assuming the Khaos rails are the Red ones. Those look more tipped up in the front leaving less rail on the ground where they bend up. I am assuming the less on the ground equal more ski pressure and less ski lift. So I am assuming the tip them up more and then drop the rails down via a longer shock and limiter strap or by relocating the mounting holes lower. So by the Khaos rails being tipped up more makes it possible to drop the entire front of the skid down creating more lift without stabbing the track or needing an anti stab kit? Am I thinking this through correctly? So simply just changing rails will not be any better or could be worse.

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
The red rails are the Khaos profile. Yes they are more tipped up in the front, making the approach angle steeper or more aggressive. This will make it wheelie more and no this doesn't create more/less ski pressure in itself. What makes more transfer and therefore more wheelie happy is the raised limiter strap lower cross bar location with the tipped up rails. With the limiter strap essentially longer allows the skid to transfer more weight before the limiter strap starts to pull the front of the rail up. Yes you could run the rails in the lower hole in the tunnel but this would cause more trenching. My buddy ordered the raptor poor mans khaos conversion kit too. We will install it later this week.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
The red rails are the Khaos profile. Yes they are more tipped up in the front, making the approach angle steeper or more aggressive. This will make it wheelie more and no this doesn't create more/less ski pressure in itself. What makes more transfer and therefore more wheelie happy is the raised limiter strap lower cross bar location with the tipped up rails. With the limiter strap essentially longer allows the skid to transfer more weight before the limiter strap starts to pull the front of the rail up. Yes you could run the rails in the lower hole in the tunnel but this would cause more trenching. My buddy ordered the raptor poor mans khaos conversion kit too. We will install it later this week.

I am interested in the Raptor kit myself. I think we are kind of talking the same thing. Let limiter strap out and you get more skid applying pressure to the ground equal less ski pressure more wheelie.

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
I am interested in the Raptor kit myself. I think we are kind of talking the same thing. Let limiter strap out and you get more skid applying pressure to the ground equal less ski pressure more wheelie.
Ya I think together with the khaos rails and raptor kit is the ultimate combo, or either one independently will be a step in the right direction.

J
Dec 9, 2019
I think I’m going to order a set of Khaos iceage rails with the raptor kit. I don’t really want to get into changing shocks and stuff so I’m hoping with will work for me and make my rmk alittle more playful

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I have the raptor kit.. it's a longer shock eyelet, longer limiter strap and some clamps to hold the shock shaft in the vice.Screenshot_20191210-124444_Samsung Internet.jpg

Premium Features