• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Khaos 850 steering column play

W
Oct 31, 2020
Just bought a used 2020 Khaos 850 and once I got it home I noticed that the steering column has up and down play in it, if I pull up on the handle bars they move up and down ever so slightly but still enough to be annoying. I called the stealership I bought it from and I explained the problem to them and they told me that it is normal for that to happen in all sleds. I told them to go to their brand new sleds and pull up on the bars and they will notice that there is absolutely no movement and that it is not normal and I want it fixed, and even though I have a 3 year warranty, they tell me that I would have to pay out of pocket to have them tear it apart and diagnose the problem.

Could anyone possibly provide suggestions on what may be causing this problem? I am guessing that the bushings that clamp around the steering column are worn/loose and need to be replaced? Could anyone possibly corroborate my guess on this issue? I am assuming I would need to replace both upper and lower numbers 12 & 13 in this diagram?

Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 9.28.56 PM.png

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
It’s manufacturing differences in the welded post.

The pro chassis had the same problem.

Except the happy face pro steering bushings were available and had vertical adjustment to take that slop out.

I have not found a ready made axys solution.

Put oft blocks in a milling machine and slot the mounting holes for your solution.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
See item 13 in your diagram. Take out those aluminum tubes and file them slightly shorter and re-install. Do the lower ones as well. I have done it to all my Pros since 2013. Not a big job and well worth the effort. It doesn't get rid of up and down movement altogether but you will be happy with it overall.

Premium Features