• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

Khaos 165 2.75 Shock Settings

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
A couple of us have found that the center skid shock dampening is too much on the 165. We are now on the softest setting for high speed and only a few turns off softest for low speed. The low speed really lifts the sled when turned clockwise as the shock rides higher in its stroke, This makes the steering light but also wheelies more. I typically go 2 turns back and forth on this low speed adjustment to dial in desired ski pressure for terrain and snow conditions.

Nov 11, 2008
The Khaos 165 is an absolute technical terrain slayer. Anyone who says otherwise hasn’t spent enough time on one. I ride more neutral now than on any other sled, it responds to rider input with much less effort and the result is less fatigue.

The first few days I overrode the sled having come off a Axys RMK 155 and thought for sure it would be as playful as the 155 based on what I was being told last winter but it’s not. The 165 inspires confidence and I often found myself putting it into situations I never expected it to do well in all winter. Track/driver issues aside it’s a fantastic combination and I have no reason to ever go back to a regular Pro RMK.

Suspension set up is very subjective. One thing I noticed the 2020 Khaos came with the light weight springs and every 21 I have seen has the regular older style ones. I am unsure if the spring rates are the same so if someone is comparing the two it could be different. Turcottes comparison of the 155’s isn’t fair either. Different set up completely. The 163/165 will transfer less, just a fact of the longer track.

The velocity shocks are very responsive to one click adjustments. I was really impressed at how well they worked. It would be nice to control the rebound but I haven’t really dialed in the spring tension and focused mostly on the high/low speed compression changes and it’s great how they just soak up everything. I think they could be valved a little softer than the range of adjustment provides but I am a light weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Khaos 165 is an absolute technical terrain slayer. Anyone who says otherwise hasn’t spent enough time on one. I ride more neutral now than on any other sled, it responds to rider input with much less effort and the result is less fatigue.

The first few days I overrode the sled having come off a Axys RMK 155 and thought for sure it would be as playful as the 155 based on what I was being told last winter but it’s not. The 165 inspires confidence and I often found myself putting it into situations I never expected it to do well in all winter. Track/driver issues aside it’s a fantastic combination and I have no reason to ever go back to a regular Pro RMK.

Suspension set up is very subjective. One thing I noticed the 2020 Khaos came with the light weight springs and every 21 I have seen has the regular older style ones. I am unsure if the spring rates are the same so if someone is comparing the two it could be different. Turcottes comparison of the 155’s isn’t fair either. Different set up completely. The 163/165 will transfer less, just a fact of the longer track.

The velocity shocks are very responsive to one click adjustments. I was really impressed at how well they worked. It would be nice to control the rebound but I haven’t really dialed in the spring tension and focused mostly on the high/low speed compression changes and it’s great how they just soak up everything. I think they could be valved a little softer than the range of adjustment provides but I am a light weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love mine. I agree with ya 100%

Premium Features