• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ken Block snowmobile death

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
The report is the snowmobile came over on him on a steep hill.

T
Oct 16, 2017
Feel super bad for him and his family. He was a good rider, wonder if it was a re-entry gone awry? Seems weird that the sled would just flip in a manner leading to death

P
Dec 15, 2018
Iam a new rider and have never heard of this before. Is it t more common than I think? Is there a way this happens that we need to learn or a defense for it? My condolences to the family and friends.

S
Nov 3, 2019
Feel super bad for him and his family. He was a good rider, wonder if it was a re-entry gone awry? Seems weird that the sled would just flip in a manner leading to death
Unfortunately, I think this is not going to be an isolated incident. The way that some of these sleds ride, it is not hard for them to come over backwards on a hill, landing on the rider.
RIP Ken Block.

M
Unfortunately, I think this is not going to be an isolated incident. The way that some of these sleds ride, it is not hard for them to come over backwards on a hill, landing on the rider.
RIP Ken Block.
I agree, I personally know 2 experienced riders that have been "mouse trapped" by their G5's looping out. It's serious, you cannot move if they flip on top of you.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Understandable as to how he died, had a friend where same thing happened and he was pinned to a tree by sled against chest and every breath he took out, he couldn't take one back in. Another guy saw it happen and didn't think nothing of it for a few minutes. Went to go see what was up and pulled sled off him and he was blue and not breathing. Saved by mouth to mouth. Came conscious and was blind for 30 minutes from lack of oxygen to optic nerves. He was first person to phone me when he heard about Ken. Definitely something that is a concern in the backcountry. His accident was 8 yrs ago. He still sleds but not as aggressively as he used to.

M
Jan 26, 2013
This is a horrible incident, and my sympathy goes out to anyone touched by the tragedy. Having said that, we need to curtail the comments blaming manufacturers. They have given us what we want, powerful, lite weight performance machines. All the "cool kids" are doing these stunts. As riders it is our responsibility for our own safety. Start deflecting blame onto manufacturers and we will have the attention of bureaucrats in government and lawyers and accountants. I for one want to assume the risk and have the option to go rather than be told it is now illegal. These sleds are fantastic and share zero blame for how we choose to operate them.

Premium Features