• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kapka Snowpark Conditions???

BGKingfisher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2012
PNW
How are the conditions/snow depth at Kapka, can a guy get out? Headed to sunriver next weekend with the family and would like to bring my sled. However I have no interest in battling for a parking spot at dutchmens and no desire to take those few spot available away from the local riders. Also how is moon and surrounding area for riding conditions?
Appreciate any responses.

Last edited:

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
How are the conditions/snow depth at Kapka, can a guy get out? Headed to sunriver next weekend with the family and would like to bring my sled. However I have no interest in battling for a parking spot at dutchmens and no desire to take those few spot available away from the local riders. Also how is moon and surrounding area for riding conditions?
Appreciate any responses.

Kapka was jammed with trucks and trailers yesterday. Snow was very light around Kapka but better than it was last weekend. We popped across the highway and followed the side of the road to Dutchman. Once there coverage was much better. There was decent coverage up at Moon but you can tell it has been windy. We found better snow and visibility in the trees around the back side of Moon. Along trail 6 we found ~10" of light fresh on top of the hardened up base.

The good news, we are supposed to get decent totals this week. Kapka will be jammed up again this coming weekend.

BGKingfisher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2012
PNW
Kapka was jammed with trucks and trailers yesterday. Snow was very light around Kapka but better than it was last weekend. We popped across the highway and followed the side of the road to Dutchman. Once there coverage was much better. There was decent coverage up at Moon but you can tell it has been windy. We found better snow and visibility in the trees around the back side of Moon. Along trail 6 we found ~10" of light fresh on top of the hardened up base.

The good news, we are supposed to get decent totals this week. Kapka will be jammed up again this coming weekend.

Thanks for the report

Premium Features