• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kapka - 2-18-18

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
The only thing that would of made today better would have been blue skies and sunshine. My brother and I popped up to Kapka around 11:00 expecting a full lot and to take one of the early riders' spot. It was empty, we couldn't believe it. Trails were super fluffy and a little whooped down low. I haven't seen snow like this since I lived in Utah. It was an amazing day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxd3MuXsWnE&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
You guys got some snow up there! Think we got like 3 inches, just enough to cover the bare spots where the dirt is showing ;)

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
Everyone was waiting for the storm to break and rode on Monday. Both Dutchman and kapka were jammed full. Sunday was better then Monday but cold, 6* when we got back to the truck Sunday evening. The sun yesterday was welcoming. We are suppose to get some more tonight, looking upwards of another foot, Wednesday should be very good.

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
Everyone was waiting for the storm to break and rode on Monday. Both Dutchman and kapka were jammed full. Sunday was better then Monday but cold, 6* when we got back to the truck Sunday evening. The sun yesterday was welcoming. We are suppose to get some more tonight, looking upwards of another foot, Wednesday should be very good.

Time to institute a powder policy at work! Yeah, Sunday it was cold.. my wet hands were sticking to the aluminum buckle on my pack. Made for great snow! This whole week looks excellent. I'll be up again this weekend for sure!

Premium Features