• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

JUST RELEASED 2 POSITION ECU FLASH WITH DEEP POWDER SETTING FOR POLARIS 850

joey@bmp

Premium Member
Nov 20, 2010
Oak Park Heights, MN
www.facebook.com
*** HIGH ELEVATION BIKEMAN 850 OWNERS ***

STAGE 0, 1 AND 2 HIGH ELEVATION DEEP POWDER TORQUE LINK TUNES NOW AVAILABLE.

Here is how the high elevation deep powder tunes work.
1. The tunes have been updated to be more responsive always.
2. On deep powder days when there is more back pressure on exhaust and intakes are getting stuffed with powder all you need to do is switch to the E10 mode and your ECU is now recalibrated for the Headlight deep powder!

E10 mode is now DEEP POWDER mode

78179675_156455665756307_1209763425379418112_n.jpg

Last edited:

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
Joey, sorry for not being clear. I understand what a deep snow day consists of, what I don’t know is what your tune does in deep powder mode. Timing changes, fuel changes? Some sort of explanation would probably help consumers understand what it is they’re buying other then it makes it more responsive.

joey@bmp

Premium Member
Nov 20, 2010
Oak Park Heights, MN
www.facebook.com
Joey, sorry for not being clear. I understand what a deep snow day consists of, what I don’t know is what your tune does in deep powder mode. Timing changes, fuel changes? Some sort of explanation would probably help consumers understand what it is they’re buying other then it makes it more responsive.

Sorry sometimes I miss the question as it is intended. When the Exhaust is restricted the back pressure on the exhaust is increased causing a overly rich condition which is very pronounced in EFI machines. To adapt to this the mixture is variably leaner throughout the RPM range especially in the lower ranges where it will tend to bog. Timing is also adapted because the increase in back pressure creates a slower burn from a higher percentage recycled exhaust gasses in the combustion. Also when the snow is piled over the air intake it will tend to suck more underhood air and have rapid changes in air box absolute pressure with increased temps. We have extended the warm air corrections beyond what Polaris accommodates for and allow for rapid pressure drop corrections.

Hopefully I answered the right question.

Any more questions feel free to ASK!

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
That’s great info Joey, sorry for the delayed response I must have wrote another post and forgot to hit reply a while back.

Another question, have you noticed any 850’s loosing rpm with heat soaking? Say 250-500 rpm depending how long it’s held wide open for? Just curious if there’s any way to address that if it’s from a tuning standpoint that you could think of. Only really happens under a snow load, not on hard pack.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
How much deep snow testing did BMP do?

Premium Features