• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Just a FYI front end height info

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Personally I would just run the arms first.

Castforcash

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2016
Guys, I got the Barcode kit mounted up on 2015 Proclimb 153" yesterday. I will measure the front end height change and post it later. I am wondering if I should change my ski pressures (currently at 60 PSI clutch side and 58 PSI muffler side). Also, I seem to remember reading that there is more ski pressure with the lengthened front end. Should I also increase my front track shock pressure before (1.2 or 3 threads) before heading out tomorrow)?

I have my fronts at 65 equal because I have a hps can and plastic oil tank. FTS is 3/4" thread showing and RTS is 125. I'm about 200 lbs. geared up to ride. Works for me, I am finally loving my 15 after all the work and tinkering I've done. Heading to pinedale Friday!

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Castforcash, I didn't see your response and I have already loaded my sled for tomorrow but, we are pretty close. My front shocks are at 65 PSI as well. Up from 60 PSI. I raised my front track shock from 10 thread showing below the lock ring to 12 threads. My rear track shock is at 135 PSI. I just wanted to get everything as close as possible before riding so I don't have to be the guy that is constantly messing with his sled.
It was a bit disappointing to see the front of my sled only came up about 1/2" from where it was. I was hoping for an inch plus of rise but, I am hoping for the best tomorrow.

Castforcash

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2016
Guys, I got the Barcode kit mounted up on 2015 Proclimb 153" yesterday. I will measure the front end height change and post it later. I am wondering if I should change my ski pressures (currently at 60 PSI clutch side and 58 PSI muffler side). Also, I seem to remember reading that there is more ski pressure with the lengthened front end. Should I also increase my front track shock pressure before (1.2 or 3 threads) before heading out tomorrow)?
I'm anxiously awaiting your thoughts on the barcode kit, I really hope you like it! I really like my set up. It took me a day to get used to it. I forget to mention that I let my limiter strap out 1 hole as well. If ya wanna bullshit about it, give me a call, easier to talk than type.... 586 675 6213
Dave

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Thanks, I may call you after I ride it, thanks. My limiter strap is all the way out, there's no room for any further adjustment unless I get a longer strap. I am currently in the middle hole on the rear drop down brackets and the lower rear hole on front (tunnel) holes.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Thanks, I may call you after I ride it, thanks. My limiter strap is all the way out, there's no room for any further adjustment unless I get a longer strap. I am currently in the middle hole on the rear drop down brackets and the lower rear hole on front (tunnel) holes.
What skis do you have? I had the skinz kit (not exactly apples to apples) on my 14. Need an easier turning ski like grippers. Started out with powder pros, those only lasted one ride.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I have Grippers and they seem to do well. I over rode the heck out of my sled today. I need to ease up on the input. The difference between input required for actions is cut in at least half. I imagine it's probably similar riding an Alpha for the first time but maybe not quite as active? I'd sure like to be able to bolt up some slightly higher spindles to these new A arms. Or maybe just a kit that raises the attach points of the A arms and steering rods to the spindles via cone shaped spacers?

Last edited:

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
Hey! Yup it defiantly takes a bit to get used to riding the kit. FYI. its also fantastic on the Alpha!

Cheers

Allan

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Say what?

What type of shock is dependent on orientation? They're all pressurized in the damper with either a bladder or a piston for oil displacement.

The early Floats (1&2) with fluid in the air sleeve to lubricate the air seal. If mounted upside down (and you never roll your sled over) the air seal can get sticky because the fluid won't get to the seal. Late model floats seem to use grease. The WE air shocks on the Dragon era Polaris sleds are an emulsion design and don't have anything separating the oil and nitrogen. I wouldn't run them upside down. Anything built in the last 5 years doesn't matter from a function perspective. On a coilover putting the shaft end down generally reduces unsprung weight, which is a good thing.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Ahh, I forgot about the first gen air shocks where fox made all the mistakes that should have been learned a decade previously with their mountainbike stuff. :D

God those things sucked. Weren't those using that blue fox fluid? Makes sense.

Unsprung weight aside it's not like it's going to harm the shock though. Reaching full travel would still go get some of that sweet sweet fluid.

Didn't know that about the WEs.

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
now make a kit for the 40-42" (xf high country's) wide sleds, PLEASE. Ski

With some adjusting of the heims on the arms and depending on what skis you have you can get the kit to about 38" .

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Why? xf 141 with a 2.25" cant go in the deep? Ski
I believe he means that the barcode front end is to help make the sled 'tippy' get that 36in front end so u can sidehill easier.
Having a 40-42in front end is counterintuitive to sidehilling...

Sent it

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
18 high country is 40"... with sway bar removed, and grippers... it actually sidehills better than my 09 m with powderpros. i do understand going from 40 to 36" will make it TIPPY, i am not going for that. we ride a lot of trail to the play areas, so i prefer a more stable platform. i am looking for the lift of the front end, to help with panel out and dragging the belly. barcode only makes these for the current gen widths, i am asking them to expand their product line, and possibly adding sales by making a bit wider kit. Ski

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I have a couple questions related to the Barcode kit.
Is my less than advertised increase in front end height (1/2") when adding the Barcode Kit attributable to my Fox Shocks being shortened when I went from the stock 38" front end on my 2015 Proclimb to the 2016 36" front end?
Also, I see the Iceage Elevate Spindle design sweeps the skis forward.
Would this additional distance forward combined with the 5" of the Barcode kit be too much?

Iceage Elevate.jpg

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
The height of our kit does depend on how much preload you put on your shocks, or psi if your running air shocks. Also I don't have any idea if the grippers and factory skis have the same height(where the ski bolts to the spindle)
Your sled is a 2015 wit many upgraded parts. Th measurements were takin from our shop Alpha. With stock skis.

Just send me a text and I can try to help with your specific set up.

Allan

Premium Features