• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

Jetting for Turbo 2 strokes

Dec 9, 2007
What mains are you running with Mikuni TM's on your turbo 2 strokes at what elevation ? How many turns on the power jets ?

thanks for any responses

:)

Dec 3, 2007
This ones a little old but ill throw in my pennies...

TM40s, sea levelish.

25 pilots
J8-9egi04-58 needles
370 mains
3 turns on PJs

Havent had a chance to really get a good test'n'tune on it yet. Its a little rich on the bottom and top, midrange seems pretty good though.

Zipperno

Jan 9, 2008
Nordkjosbotn, Norway
This ones a little old but ill throw in my pennies...

TM40s, sea levelish.

25 pilots
J8-9egi04-58 needles
370 mains
3 turns on PJs

Havent had a chance to really get a good test'n'tune on it yet. Its a little rich on the bottom and top, midrange seems pretty good though.
I cant really understand why my jetting differs so much from yours......but heres my setup:

TM40 carbs, sealevel on premium fuel
17,5 pilots
stock summit needle in middle positon
520mains (they flow 495)
3 turns on powerjets

My egts are 1250-1300 in the mid and 1200-1250 wot.
My AEM Wideband is at around 15 at idle, 13 at mids and 10.5-11,5 at WOT.

Need to shim the needle to fatten up the midrange.

I cant understand how your sled is running good with so small jets?? I have lowered the compression to 10.4:1 and reshaped engine-tech domes.... Is it the domes with a different squish band and compression that changes the charactistic of the engine??

I am also only running 7 psi boost....

//Tom

Premium Features