• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

It freakin rained here last night

Z
Nov 26, 2007
Glenwood,MN
Was goin to bed and heard a pitter pater on the windows and sure enough it was raining, or freezing raining. Either way, WTF!?!?!? Happens every year in MN, we get a good dumping, then it warms up and rains. anyone else sick of MN weather?:beer;:mad:

S
Dec 29, 2001
Brainerd,MN
No rain, yet, but WX forecasts possible....

.....freezing rain turning to light snow tomorrow. :face-icon-small-dis So far this morning, 30*F , very foggy, maybe 1/2 mile visibility. No precip. yet.

Snow base will probably take a beating over the weekend, but area is still very rideable, and groomers still working. Some trail corners, and driveway crossings showing bare spots.

Brainerd area has about 18" snow, but could use another good dumping for perfect conditions. Oh, and another cold front to make better lake ice.

'Wiz.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Was goin to bed and heard a pitter pater on the windows and sure enough it was raining, or freezing raining. Either way, WTF!?!?!? Happens every year in MN, we get a good dumping, then it warms up and rains. anyone else sick of MN weather?:beer;:mad:

Yep thats why my sled only has 200 miles on it from riding in MN and has close to 2,000 miles of riding from MT, CO and WY.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Maybe a 8 inches to 14 in the woods in McGregor, trails were showing lots of grass in the swamps Friday. Picked up maybe 4 inches this weekend. Didn't ride more then one loop in the yard. I did hear that Minnewawa had the slush freeze.

As for this MN weather, now that my sled is broke for some time, it can suck my white ace!!!

took my over 5 hours to drive from McGregor to Plainview today, that's a 3.5 hour trip max!!!

A
Nov 26, 2007
Montana Creek AK
I don't miss riding there at all. I talk to my nephew in the hinckley area and had to laugh when he talks about trail riding. Unless the snow is 4-5 foot deep minimum to cover the bear brush here, we consider it marginal. Put 135 miles on a ride last week in the Mnts behind my house and never came across another track.. God I love Alaska... I'd rather dig out the outhouse than ride another Mn. trail. Speed limits and "no leaving the markedtrail"? yeah right.

Premium Features