• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Issues with 2005 m7. Gauges and misfire!

R

rsamsel

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 21, 2011
Not sure if they are related but.....

Out today on 05 m7. Gauges did not work when normally they do. No lights... nothing. I was fine with that. Ran great most the day. Last hour had a nasty misfire.

Changed plugs on the trail...same. seems to have the misfire at all rpms and sometimes can blow itself out and boogie. Is not on one cylinder at idle ...2nd pot is not consistent but sites fire some. Stopping for a few seems to make it ru good for like a minute.... then back to crap.

No diagnose codes because no dash. Sled is new to me but I know mechanical a bit and habe had sleds in the past. Had 5 great no issue days on the sled before today.

Had 2 stucks today that required the sled to be rolled to get it out....related?

Dash lights and misfire related?

Where to start?

Thank you in advance
Rob Samsel
Kent wa

R

rsamsel

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 21, 2011
Ok...a short seems likely as this is a new to me sled and the left hand warmer wires were cut. That tells me that there were wiring issues prior to my ownership.

Will start there. Thank you.

Will update when I know more.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
m7 with age

wiring under tank, wiring to tail light as mentioned can't be over emphasized, toasted wiring that might be close to the pipe.

Premium Features