• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Iso-Flex grease

S
Jan 17, 2002
Boise
Theres a new thread where some people are talking about Iso-Flex grease for skidoo cranks. So I did a search on the old forum for the thread that talks about Iso-Flex grease and thought it might be good to have this information on the new forum. It seems like I remember reading that the old forum is going to be removed someday. Could be wrong about that. Not sure.

Heres the thread
http://www.snowest.com/fusetalk/messageview.cfm?catid=3&threadid=234266&highlight_key=y&keyword1=Iso%2DFlex%20

a link to the company that makes and sells the same grease that Skidoo uses and sells. Although quite a bit less expensive.
http://kluberna.com/index.asp?p=detprod&productcode=004131

Heres some copy and pasted information from snowest users that may help shed some light on the mystery grease.

SUMMIT GUY:
"Use the kluber they make it for BRP."
------------------------------------

wildBill:
"Did the same research a few years ago, the only spec I was able to find for kluber isoflex was mil spec -milg23827

this was my short list of grease that met the same or simular spec:

royco27 mobile27 aeroshell14 texaco lowtemp EP

also may work American - Rycon #3
Exxon - Beacon #325
Mobil - Mobil #28
Shell - Aeroshell #17
Chevron - SRI
Keystone - 84 EP Light

BUT! after discussion with a few of the oil company tech reps I came to the conclusion that 1. for the application most all reps said to stay with the kluber grease, 2. some of the greases the reps said "may" work cost just as much, 3. the bases of the greases were not suitable for 8000+ rpms.

attached is a (compatability) chart that shows all the different base "soaps" used in grease to show all greases are not the same. At the bottom is a rpm chart, note that none of based grease are good for 8000rpms though product labling may say "for speed bearings", their not talking 8000+. So in your quest for a replacement you see any of these based greases, know they are not suitable.

Use what you will and let us know the long term results, as for me I'll stay with the KLuber ordered direct from kluber north america."

sleddood:
Hope this isn't too late for you, but may help others in the future:
Isoflex Topas NB-52 grease for Ski Doo cranks-50 gram tube is over $47.00 from uncle 'Doo.
Call these guys:

Stock America @ 262-375-4100

50 gram tube, same tube as dealer, $15.74 basically 3 tubes for the price of one. If you're dooin' alot of motors, buy the 400 gram cartridge for grease gun for $79.16.

Hope that helps,
Mike

sleddood:
FYI, I just took a motor apart today that supposedly had 200 miles on a rebuilt crank. Siezed PTO bearing. Had some nasty looking pastey green grease in it. USE ISOFLEX. It will save you heart ache.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
I don't know how you could put a "speed rating" on a grease if you first haven't quilified the size of the bearing that your using it on?

Surface Feet per Minute is what should be relivent.

???

Premium Features