• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is your speedo off? Fix it! Here's how.......

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Dialed in -8.9% and was showing within 0.5-0.8 mph at 45 mph (sled was high). I couldn't watch both any faster with how rough our fields are right now. I am happy with that accuracy but may tweak it a touch once I have some better runs on it. Looks like your -8.95 should be bang on. I will try -9.0 next time I am out.

Thanks LH!

Last edited:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Updated Calculated Correction Values for you!

UPDATED: I noticed that I had the "Actual Pulses per Mile" verses "Indicated Pulses per MIle" swapped in the spread sheet. When I changed that, some of your correction values changed substantially, while others remained quite close. I left the old data for reference but updated in RED. Sorry for the oversight on my part. Most must not have snow or I likely would have heard about it.

Biltit...........My calculations come up with a -8.95 so choose either -9.0 or -8.9, but I'm curious where you land with GPS. My calc's are only as accurate as the stock speedo until we determine just how inaccurate the stock corrections are. (Stock QD ratio is 2.0952381) Probably just the difference in rounding verses leaving the decimal places intact. New value for you is: -8.2

Sledheadd......I PM'd you (-17.3), but came up with a -17.0 for your setup after eliminating the rounding function in the spreadsheet, to get you in the ball park. New value for you: -14.5

Matco......From my calc's (and the Drive shaft tooth count Biltit posted) your percentage should be close to a +39.0 And with yours being on the drive shaft, gear changes should have no effect on the correction. New one for you: -61

Snosfun.......... Yours should be: -64.2 (To correct the Silber Re-Flash for a chain case model when the sled is QD equipped)
Please PM me with what you come up with for your final correction, so I can note that and account for any irregularities in my formulas. Thanks!

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
TTT for those that may be interested

Also If you have a Speedo Healer and have settled on a correction value, I'd like to hear back from you what it is, for my spread sheet and to help future customers with the same setup. Also it will help me to determine how far off the stock unit is before any changes are made as well.

Last edited:

2Quickrides

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2012
Edmonton
Been using these for years on bikes, just ordered one for my sled since I'm swapping gearing. Thanks for the leg work!!!!!!!

And since I'm nowhere near my sled or manual, I'll be lazy and ask, where is the connector for the speedo? 14 Pro.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Been using these for years on bikes, just ordered one for my sled since I'm swapping gearing. Thanks for the leg work!!!!!!!

And since I'm nowhere near my sled or manual, I'll be lazy and ask, where is the connector for the speedo? 14 Pro.

You are welcome!

It should be between the fuel tank and the air box on that sled. If you want a plug and play harness or the connectors to make one out of the universal harness. PM me.

2Quickrides

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2012
Edmonton
You are welcome!

It should be between the fuel tank and the air box on that sled. If you want a plug and play harness or the connectors to make one out of the universal harness. PM me.

I ordered it with the Polaris harness as on Healtech's website. Is that one not plug and play?

2Quickrides

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2012
Edmonton
That should be the correct one, I did not realize they updated their websight and were selling them direct. Awesome! Thanks!

I'll let you know when I get it, if not it will be coming to you. Lol.
Not direct, still have to be through their dealers. I'm in Canada otherwise I'd have called you first for sure!

Thanks again. A lot more companies would do stuff like this, they just require people like you to take the initiative and help them with the R&D. Then others to let them know there is a demand for them.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I'll let you know when I get it, if not it will be coming to you. Lol.
Not direct, still have to be through their dealers. I'm in Canada otherwise I'd have called you first for sure!

Thanks again. A lot more companies would do stuff like this, they just require people like you to take the initiative and help them with the R&D. Then others to let them know there is a demand for them.

Thanks again! I just got home and checked stock and if the harness has part # SH-P01 on it, your set! If you PM me your setup I can give you a baseline starting percentage, if you'd like. I have a spreadsheet with all the common setups and some unusual ones as well.

The Healer's adjustment range will allow you to run any setup imaginable and still have a functionally accurate speedo / odometer. This includes running a chain case ECU on a quick drive sled or the reverse of that. As well as any size driver and gear ratio. It even allows you to run the CMX belt drive that does not reuse any of the stock parts and stiil get the pulses from the lightening holes in the brake disk or other alternate means.

Last edited:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
It has come to my attention that Blue Monkey Motorsports (the dealer for the USA and Canada) is now stocking the Polaris Plug and Play Harness. As a result I no longer have to build them from the universal harness. Which means I can reduce my costs and pass the savings on to you. My shipped price is now on par with theirs. FWIW

For those that have PM'd / contacted me recently you can knock $35 off of what I told you.

B

brother_mats

Apr 2, 2010
I have an Axys SKS with TKI everything else stock. Stock gear ratio is 40/20=2.0 and with TKI 58/25= 2.32.
2/2.32 gives me 0.862. Is the correct settning on the Speedohealer -13.8%?

A
I did become a dealer for the Speedo Healer, since my last post, and have the units in inventory now. Still waiting for the first "Plug and Play" harnesses to show up from Hungary, they have been shipped, so very soon.

As far as setting the unit up; the instructions sound pretty simple. I cut and pasted them for you below.

Setting and Using your SH 3.1 Preparation

1. Ensure that the unit is installed correctly by executing the SH Test instructions (Refer to the Install Guide bundled with the Harness Kit).
2. Determine the Calibration value needed for your application
(If you can’t access the on-line calculator, refer to chapter 4).
3. Turn ignition ON.

Programming a calibration value

␣ Entering into programming mode does not clear the previous setting, so you can update a previously stored calibration value easily.
␣ All settings are stored in Flash memory. No need to repeat programming after the battery or the SH box has been disconnected.
1. Press BOTH buttons on the unit until [L] is indicated.
2. The Sign of the calibration value is blinking: [-] : Negative
[P] : Positive To toggle the Sign, press the SET button.
␣ If the Sign you set is Negative, you will program 3 digits (max value: 99.9) If Positive sign was selected, you need to enter 5 digits (max value: 9999.9)
␣ You need to enter all digits (including the leading zeros), e.g. enter -07.5 if you want to program -7.5%
3. Press SEL to proceed to the first digit of the calibration value. [n] (next) is shown, and then the value of the first digit will blink. Press SET repeatedly until the desired value is shown.
Repeat this step until all digits are entered.
4. After the last digit has been entered, press SEL to exit from programming mode. [o] (over) is shown, and then the unit will display the programmed digits in order, just like any time ignition is turned ON.

If you will tell me what mods you've done I should be able to get you pretty close with some math calculations for the correction percentage to start with.

As people fine tune their correction factors for known modifications I'll pass those on with the purchase.

Hope that helps.
I am considering becoming a dealer for them but as of now you are the only one to have expressed an interest. I should have the plug and play harnesses back from Hungary in the next few weeks and would trade you the universal harness for the plug and play harness for a small fee plus postage. Yes the sensor is the same on all sleds since they went MFD's. Let me know via PM if your interested.
Are you still a dealer ? i need those connectors.

Premium Features