• I am getting worn out moving your "For sale" threads, including loosely veiled sales pitches for "How much is it worth) or Wanted to buy to the swapmeet.

I will no longer be moving them for you as I have been in the past.

Some days are 20 per day.

If I see it, it will get deleted.

I try to help you...please try to help me.

Thanks.
  • I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

Is this a problem??? VES Exhaust Valve Piston Rub

While I had the head off to replace the suspected blown head gasket I noticed that it appears the exhaust valves may have rubbed on the pistons.

Also do the marks on the cylinder walls look normal for an 04 Liberty 800 engine?

There was a lot of water in the gas tank and it took out one of the reeds and damaged several others.

Last edited:

XCaSSAULT

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2016
Cylinder marks are normal. As long as u can’t catch your finger nail on them they’re fine. Piston wash looks really good too.

There was a post awhile back in the iq section I believe were valve/piston rub was a issue. I had suggested doubling up the valve gasket to get more clearance but apparently that wouldn’t work as someone chimed in and said there’s a stop on the cylinder it’s self that gets worn down causing this problem. If that’s the case then only replacing the cylinders would solve this problem. I think u could file the edges down a tad and fix this problem. Worth a try.

Deffinitly take a look through the exhaust and see how scraped the piston might be. A little scratching ain’t nothing to worry bout. If that’s the case then good find!

summ8rmk

Too handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Pull the y-pipe look at the side of the pistons and rings. Make sure the valves didn't chip a ring.
Pull out the valves and file them a bit or take them to the bench grinder. Make some clearance.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
The stop on the VES guillotine valve itself is probably pretty beat up. It certainly looks like an expensive accident waiting to happen. As in piston/ring/cylinder replacement. Some used valves can be bought cheaply on EBAY, since Edges aren't IN anymore. Hand honing of the cylinder wall catches oil to keep the ring contact surface lubricated. Honing marks wear away and need to be replaced.

Premium Features