• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is there any difference between a 2022 RMK Pro Matrx Slash 165 and the 2023 version of the same ?

M

Meyersnow

Feb 8, 2015
Breckenridge
I'm planning on buying a 165 RMK Pro Matryx Slash w/ Patriot Boost w/ the 2.75 track. It's only got 180 miles on it. Has about 5K worth of mods on it, (raptor shocks all around, ice age spindles, bumpers front and rear, tasteful wrap, tether, and a few other things) for 22K instead of holding out for a snowcheck for 23500 before tax, no mods. Other than getting one less year of warranty, and making sure I do the updates (fuel filter, etc) IS THERE ANY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A 2022 and 2023 Model? Thanks in advance!

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Air box, ecu flash and I think something else will be different. Snowest youtube video said the changes.

D

doudea

Sep 20, 2009
Western Slope
I understand the same. 23s air box will have an intake under the hood so in deep snow it doesn’t bog. New ECU tune, which I’d guess a 22 can be updated to by having the dealer flash it.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I'll told the 2022 models cam upgrade to the 2023 airbox. I believe there is a part number created for that, which should be available soon, if not already.

The flash can always be upgraded if you want to. Not sure when that's ready.

Your dealer should be able to hook you up as soon as they can access the parts numbers.

B

BallsDeep_5280

Oct 16, 2012
CO
So is there a hole in the 2023 airbox and then a frogskinz / mesh cover put over it?

In theory, couldn't you just do this yourself to a 2022 airbox if you bought the 3 screws, the circular screen, and cut the hole yourself? Or get creative and just jury rig your own hole(s) and screen(s) on the back of the airbox using whatever the heck you have on hand in your garage?

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
My Fire and Ice vent just came yesterday. I was going to do the SLP system but when I ordered I couldn't find any in stock. Oh well. If $32 takes care of it and always open vs $239 for a pair of Powder valves and pre-filters.... May not even need it depending on what actually shows up soon for the new config. Figure easier to have the $32 F&I if I need it and easier to resell if not or simply eat the $32. The SLP...not so easy to resell I think and tougher pill to swallow.

Last edited:
Premium Features