• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IS my subframe gone or A-arm

B
Nov 26, 2007
Hit a rock, pushed the ski back.. but i can not see where the subframe is bent.

Should be paint knocked off it or a dent where it buckled. but it just looks like the spindle is straight down.

the float went back and hit the top arm.

Its an 08 so more then likely its the sub frame. I just can't see where its bent.

T2vNHNP.jpg

hecMifE.jpg

Last edited:
I
Nov 26, 2007
Sorry mark, accidentally hit the wrong thumb.

I agree it's the A arm, but only because Christopher gaurantees sub frames don't bend.

mark

Lifetime Membership
Sep 26, 2001
Wyoming
It looks bent to me. Mine had the same dent on the upper rear A arm. This is what my sled looked like.

Nytro pics 004.jpg

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
You usually cant tell the sub-frame is by looking at it. The sub-frame twists more then it bents right at the connection point of the lower arms. a small twist in the mount is magnified by the length of the arm itself. Unfortunately its not necessary what you hit but how you hit it. you can usually look on the other side and see the shock is not centered anymore either and in the opposite direction as on the side you hit. its another way to see the bottom mounts are twisted.

Last edited:
T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I just straightened mine out with a big bar and got it pretty close and the I put a reinforcement in to keep it where it was at. I have since hit a rock hard enough to break spindle and control arm and it stayed where it was. Even I you replace it get it reinforced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B
Nov 26, 2007
I just straightened mine out with a big bar and got it pretty close and the I put a reinforcement in to keep it where it was at. I have since hit a rock hard enough to break spindle and control arm and it stayed where it was. Even I you replace it get it reinforced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did you straighten it out? put it up on its side and put the bar through the a arm or spindle?

Premium Features