• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is Arctic Cat about to put out a youth snowmobile?

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
So maybe I just have the goggles on of seeing what I want to see. But maybe not. Am I crazy? Check it out and tell me what you think.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Ok, based on everything I've seen so far, here is what I think:

Alright, I'm officially calling my shot - for the mountain version at least. Here we go:

They will call it a kids sled...and it will be...kinda.

Bulkhead and front shocks will be same as alpha. Rear skid will be exactly like adult alpha, but 146. Tunnel will be kinda like the Lynx tunnel. So far it's pretty much just like an EVO in the fact that really, it's an adult size sled that they are trying to pass off as a kids sled.

Just like the EVO they will put a kids seat, kids gas tank, and kinda kids bars. Just like the EVO it will get different plastics to kinda make it look smaller. Just like the EVO it will get the 550 fan engine.

Better than the EVO, it will actually sit high like a sled is supposed to. Better than the EVO, they won't be stupid enough to de-tune the 550 engine that is already powerless at 8,000 feet in 2 feet of powder. Better than the EVO it will run a 2" lug on the track. Better than the EVO, it will have the 36" front end just like the Alpha. Better than the EVO, the mountain option will have an actual mountain rear suspension. Better than the EVO, it will have boards that aren't the worst. Still not the best, but at least not the worst.

Worse than the EVO, it will weight about 20 pounds more than the EVO. Worse than the EVO, it will probably have an MSRP at least $2k more than the EVO RMK, probably even $3k more.

Straight out of the crate, it will be better than the EVO. However, the EVO will have more potential if you put one together like Burandt just did for his kid due to being so much lighter.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Plastics appear to be stolen from 2019 ZR 6000R SX. Looks like they added a scoop for the fan cooled 570 and they added a headlight from the ZR200. Tunnel appears to be stolen from the Lynx 2000.

MNBlizzard

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
Duluth, MN
Looks like a MTN 3/4 sled with a two stroke motor...release coming Tuesday 11/19

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 57

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
This is great news. I wish I was a kid again...!!

Happy as all heck that its a 2-stroke. Polaris Evo resale just went in the toilet.

Curious to see what it weighs, no weight listed yet.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
You and I both... I snow checked a ZR 200 for my kid this spring. He can ride that for a couple years... But I had already been pondering what the next sled would be. Now we know. Expensive, but from what I see its the perfect solution.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
I won't believe much until production sleds are available. It has an adequate amount of track under it and decent liquid cooled power so even at 400# it'll do ok. Huge fuel tank too....

B
Nov 11, 2010
Salmon Arm BC
I thought it would be a 300 cc model.

IIRC the patent last summer was for a 300cc, must have needed some more power especially if they're near 400#

This is great news. I wish I was a kid again...!!

Happy as all heck that its a 2-stroke. Polaris Evo resale just went in the toilet.

Curious to see what it weighs, no weight listed yet.
Finally saw an Evo in person, was not impressed.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
If it's just half an 800, which it should be (and looks like), it should be more like 80+ hp, instead of the claimed 65 (unless that counter-balance shaft robs a ton of power). Or easy mods should get it there. The old 570 fan is only 65hp, and it pulls a full size sled just fine for a kid. The only thing I wanted was something easier to throw around, with around that power level. Like

The Evo just didn't satisfy the "easier to throw around" piece IMO. The alpha 400 should.

L1_Blast_EFI2StrokeEngine_1000x750.jpg

Last edited:

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Ok. Now hear me out:
Take this 400 engine. Put a 600 twin cylinder on it (Should fit, I think), make it a 300. Put it in the 200 chassis, make a mono suspension and cut a 136" track down to 10" wide.
If you could get the clutches to fit, that would be a blast.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Shoot, I was pretty darn close.

As predicted, it is a full size sled pretending to be a small sled.

I'm super pumped that I was wrong about that engine. How cool is this single cylinder liquid cooled EFI thing? That is pure awesome. I suddenly have high hopes that it might weigh less than the evo RMK even if it does still weigh more than my axys pro-rmk. I would love to have been wrong about it weighing more than the evo RMK. Hopefully that comes true.

Super bummed that they used the 37-39 arms for the mountain version when they had the 35-37 arms just sitting there from the adult sled.

Man I just love the thought of what that engine could do for the industry as a whole. So freaking awesome.

Overall, this thing seems to be better than the evo rmk in almost every single way. The only thing I see that the evo did better is the lower seat and the smaller gas tank.

I'm super pumped about this sled, but I guess now I gotta figure out whether or not I hate this whole alpha rail thingey.

Premium Features