• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is a new Powerful SnowBike coming?

N
Jan 3, 2008
Northern Utah
Been there done that......Or should I say the snowhawk king himself has been there done that.....

Without showing to much you can see the 850 on the left is set up as a one ski. Worked pretty good tell the crank bent on it. Dang trees :face-icon-small-coo

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 531

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
I was looking for a pro skid just to do that and when it came down to it cost didn't make sense . The Pro is probably the best one to do it to but the crumple factor is stupid .

Looking closely at the video I could actually see how the tunnel was hindering it's ability even though I couldn't see it but by the way the front was reacting .

No one will ever know how much restriction a sled tunnel has until they ride a machine that has virtually none . Yes I know the whole cone head thing but I don't care when it comes to performance .

The front drags to much , probably because in the carves the side panels drag . The area where the A-arms go would cause drag also if they didn't plug them .

How"s that from a one ski observation ?

Good on them for the build , someone will like it .

Last edited:

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
A powerful snowbike? Powerful yes. Snowbike no. Its a sled with one ski. Not a 300# snowbike. Does it handle quicker than a sled with 2 skis? No doubt. Does it handle like a bike? No.

EXO Sled

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 4, 2017
Toys or real power ;)

Cause all helicopter around the world are'nt as leonardo da vinci's helicopter, you should stay tune to see how EXO is different ;) or show me a, 160hp agile snow bike!
Cheers!

yooper01

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2014
Cause all helicopter around the world are'nt as leonardo da vinci's helicopter, you should stay tune to see how EXO is different ;) or show me a, 160hp agile snow bike!
Cheers!
I think this looks interesting , are you planning to market a kit to install on a sled you already own?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
That's been done few times before. Converting sled to 1 ski. Never has right rider position to be real good machine tho.

Plus the sled width (side panels, running boards and bulkhead) down low severely limits sidehill angle.

That thing will panel out and slide down the hill on a slope a sled would have no problem with............

I personally ride an axys rmk and an old POS Timbersled.

Last edited:

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
Owned both a 503F and 600HO SnowHawk, great machines in perfect conditions: i.e.: no trail and deep powder.

The single ski in the picture looks like a heavier and worse handling version of the SnowHawk.

Did not even think that was possible.

:face-icon-small-dis

Last edited:

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
Cheers!
Who needs a 160 hp snowbike? Just how fast do you want to hit a tree?
And that setup will never be as agile as a bike.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK

OMYGOD !!!!!!! That's the best laugh I've had in a while .

I'd love to find a guy like P-J to ride with around here , it would give me a reason to pick it up another notch .thxs for the video

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

Said nobody under 40 ever..... ;)

I know it’s not agile like a bike.
Doesn’t mean I don’t want the power and agility.

The rocket based bikes are not the answer.
Rotating mass of 4 cylinders.

Also sled motors and cvt clutches.
Rotating mass kills agility.

R
Apr 18, 2016
Thats exactly what I think, A V twin injected electric start 2 stroke sub 300lb with kit installed. You could easily tuck another 500cc cylinder in the area provided with a kit on a bike. and suck air the way the YZ does maybe?

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
LOL Just about spilled my coffee

I know you can hit a tree hard enough to bend a crank with a sled set up like that.

That quote from up-high has to be the saying for this season , I'm framing it and it's gonna hang by the vise . It's gonna take a while for that one to get old .

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Thats exactly what I think, A V twin injected electric start 2 stroke sub 300lb with kit installed. You could easily tuck another 500cc cylinder in the area provided with a kit on a bike. and suck air the way the YZ does maybe?

Won’t be under 300#

V twin 2 stroke is pretty hard.

Premium Features