• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is a new Powerful SnowBike coming?

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Great work Guys . Butt this is most likely for sled terrain not the tight /steep tree riding of a snowbike. If you disagree send some footage other than wide open terrain"?

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
No disrespect but it all depends on who's driving it .

I go where sleds don't and it's ancient :) and I've riden with snow bikes so I do know what a snowbike cab and can not do .

I really hope this flies , it's not on my priority list since I'm riding the ancient one but I'd throw a leg over one . Technology is a good thing at times .

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

I go where sleds don't and it's ancient :) and I've riden with snow bikes so I do know what a snowbike cab and can not do .

I really hope this flies , it's not on my priority list since I'm riding the ancient one but I'd throw a leg over one . Technology is a good thing at times .

Just a note.
The exosled inventor owned the last snowhawk produced.

He sold it.........

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
He did what the big manufactures did and found out what it's pros and cons are .

For those that need the instant gratification a Hawk is not the machine , slow is not in the Hawks vocabulary . Hawks are still being manufactured , Boivan sold those rights .

The difference between EXO and the big manufactures is that they came out with a kit , once again , not a turn key so why even compare it .

Old video , she's 5' 4" , I didn't put her on it she said she got tired of chasing me around on her sled .

Put an EXO on that Polaris :)

Last edited:

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls

So would you spend your money today on getting an 800 snowhawk and doing worthwhile updates or an exo sled?

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
The technology can't be denied , The EXO kit on a sled with a few modifications would be a replacement .

Could you imagine a Alpha with foot pegs replacing the running boards ( running boards are no longer required on the new sleds , they just haven't thought about it , an adjustable two step system for rider height would be all it takes ) and get rid of the plow dragging tunnel that one of the sled manufactures addressed and another has an aftermarket kit , I'm still laughing about that one .

That would be a mountain slayer ripping , super bike , swamp bashing , ditch banging freak . It would be black balled from competing in cross country racing , there would be no line it couldn't cut .

Cisco , that mountain range that I pan at is 45 minutes as the crow flies , AK , it's my personal favorite play ground . Only downfall is when I Start dropping in the ravines I start loosing the group , One ski's are where it is at , I think the big four know this but their ambulance chasing attorney's and laws that hold their profit thinking back for now .

When that day comes , I'll just mount my Hawk on the wall in the garage :)

Like anything , it's not for everyone but I think those that have to have that rush this EXO might just be the fix .

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Just a note.
The exosled inventor owned the last snowhawk produced.

He sold it.........
Hmm I also had a snowhawk and sold it , That does knot hold any weight. Its highly doubtful this will hang in the tight steeps with a Bike. If so why are there "Zero" vids if this was the target purpose, Great job however I don't see this in comparison to snow bikes. Its rival will be in open Sled terrain.

mumur

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2019
Bozeman, Montana
Hmm I also had a snowhawk and sold it , That does knot hold any weight. Its highly doubtful this will hang in the tight steeps with a Bike. If so why are there "Zero" vids if this was the target purpose, Great job however I don't see this in comparison to snow bikes. Its rival will be in open Sled terrain.

We've got around a foot of snow already out in my area and my friend is setting up an EXOSled as soon as the kit shows up. I'll still be on my bike. We'll try to get some tight steep footage, see how it goes.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
That's hysterical , the trail had me rolling , the Snow Hawk would of killed him Dead ? ?

ravenous

Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2013
Maybe the guy just cant ride a one ski machine. It would be interesting to put Hawkster on the thing and see what he could do. Im sure the video would look a little different.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
this is a One ski sled not a snowbike, and will not destroy the tight step terrain. Great job guys but be truthful its not a snowbike .I built a custom 144 snowhawk, same thing they need space and will not follow a snowbike in wild terrain..

Last edited:

mumur

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2019
Bozeman, Montana
They set the kit up wrong. It is terrible on whooped out trails (really bad first day on the trails with it in Cooke), just not even close to as bad as he makes it look in that video. On the trails they're riding, it should've been pretty alright. Lifting it up is tiring, the shoulder lean and throttle technique doesn't work on anything but flats in our experience.

My biggest issue with it is actually the thing you see a few times early in the video. Something about the way the weight rides on the track makes it have weird pressure back there. So when you go for the sorts of deep carving turns that are so much fun on a snowbike, the track washes out. Maybe if you have more time/patience for tuning than my riding buddy does you'd be able to fix the track washing out, but he was mostly excited about this an an option to get snowmobile levels of maintenance and messing around (was tired of not having confidence/wrenching on the bike), so he's not the one to do that.

It's definitely in between a snowbike and sled in agility, not necessarily bad or good. When I swap back and forth it can be jarring, it wants to lean over easier than a bike, but I get used to it pretty quickly. Never have as much confidence in the trees, but not too far off.

It is a blast though in powder, and sidehilling is just about as easy as the snowbike. The power feels insane when switching back and forth. Overall it's definitely not a bad option. Just be ready to re-learn some things.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
They set the kit up wrong. It is terrible on whooped out trails (really bad first day on the trails with it in Cooke), just not even close to as bad as he makes it look in that video. On the trails they're riding, it should've been pretty alright. Lifting it up is tiring, the shoulder lean and throttle technique doesn't work on anything but flats in our experience.

My biggest issue with it is actually the thing you see a few times early in the video. Something about the way the weight rides on the track makes it have weird pressure back there. So when you go for the sorts of deep carving turns that are so much fun on a snowbike, the track washes out. Maybe if you have more time/patience for tuning than my riding buddy does you'd be able to fix the track washing out, but he was mostly excited about this an an option to get snowmobile levels of maintenance and messing around (was tired of not having confidence/wrenching on the bike), so he's not the one to do that.

It's definitely in between a snowbike and sled in agility, not necessarily bad or good. When I swap back and forth it can be jarring, it wants to lean over easier than a bike, but I get used to it pretty quickly. Never have as much confidence in the trees, but not too far off.

It is a blast though in powder, and sidehilling is just about as easy as the snowbike. The power feels insane when switching back and forth. Overall it's definitely not a bad option. Just be ready to re-learn some things.

I bought a kit used after the original purchaser gave up on it.

The track and ski wash out at the same time. (When the panels hit the snow)

Pretty much unridable in steep terrain.A76D447F-5B98-444E-9E28-89343E4A7E3F.jpeg99448D16-96D6-44AA-9903-096AD23325D5.jpeg41FA1029-1589-4335-881D-161CD48BF1B0.jpeg

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Here’s my .02 on Sleds/Exosled/snow bikes and how they perform in snow.

Sleds
80% best tool for the job.
10% not as good as a snowbike.
10% a toss up.

Snowbikes
40% of the time good fun.
30% of the time wishing it had more power.
30% of the time pain in the butt. (Trail, ice, cold weather, small tank refilling, loading and unloading)

Exosled kit on a sled.
80% of the time pain in the actual azz.
10% of the time a toss up vs a sled.
10% of the time more fun than a sled.

And it’s sold again to a guy in Idaho.

Premium Features