• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

iqr pump gas?

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
can a race ready iqr be detuned to run 91oct pump gas? different head, change timing, run a single instead of twins,? looking for one of these for a friend who rides in the country, where you fill at a different gas station every time. cant predict what octane will be available when you need it

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Of course. All of the things you listed need to be done. Different CDI or a reflash, pump gas head. Single pipe optional

matofsrud

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
what year are you looking at getting? I know that the iqr's have a single pipe unless its a mod. You will have to get the icu reprogrammed and need low compression heads is about it and you should be good to go you probably would want a larger tank also.

matofsrud

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
well thats a mod and thats a whole different story many times mod motors are specifically built for the riders likes and things. Best bet would be to get a hold of someone who really knows polaris race sleds or the team that built it new.

matofsrud

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
ya i figured that was one of there sleds. i would try and get a hold of one of them on the team to find out they would know the best or someone from polaris's race department.

R
Jan 8, 2019
Nome, AK
Have an arcticat m8 low mileage, full tank is just too heavy even for my noobieness... wanna trade for an IQR, for the lady to easier handle, get her outside with me.
Apparently this might have an 800 upper... but I'd almost guarantee it's far lighter weight.
I'd offer her my 660 rush to use but that's my frankensled investment... simply traded 2 pistols for the m8 - for her mostly.
Living in Nome, AK it's more trail than powder elevated mountains, the M8 I love but it's too much and not enough... opinions? Please recall my last sentence.

Premium Features