• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Important Introducing the 2022 Polaris RMK lineup and first ride impressions!!!

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Can someone post the spec sheets on a turbo and n.a rmk slash? Can't fine them on polaris web site at all. Trying to find all the good info, fuel tank size, weight ect. Thanks

G
Mar 2, 2021
Utah
Khaos geometry. The Khoas comes standard with the Velocity shocks. The Pro comes standard with the Walker Evans monotubes with the option to upgrade to the Velocity- which are NON high/low compression adjustable. Just standard compression adjustment on the Pro.
What does the difference of the Khaos geometry do compared to the Pro?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I am willing to bet that it has more cooling then the previous chassis... with the finned cooler and its location up towards the bulkhead, it will create more surface area on the cooler and the cooler will collect more snow also with it being up towards the front of the bulkhead.
Where doo you suppose the e start battery goes? Hopefully you have another kit. Your kaos kit is awesome for the axys

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
If your worried about cooling get the regular matrix instead of the slash. The cooler is shorter on the slash.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
If your worried about cooling get the regular matrix instead of the slash. The cooler is shorter on the slash.

Snowcheck Slash is the only way to get boost.

Remember they both have a double pass internally - externally finned bulkhead and cooler in the tunnel top.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
No SKS kinda stinks. Interested in the 146 Khaos but worried about cooling on the trail
Where we rode, we had 15ish miles of grinned road to get to the hills. We rode that section HARD.
Ripping on groomed trail, packed powder, the 165 and 155 Boost ran COOL, like the Axys. 105°.
I was impressed.
The 146 will run cooler than the longer tracks.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I hate sleds that run hot in marginal snow. I sure would like to hear from someone who has tried one in these conditions. With the Slash having less cooling is a concern.
That would be me.
The ones I rode had very little down force on the scratchers. They did very little!
It ran just as cool as my Axys. It started 98-105° on packed groomed trail for 15 miles and 15 miles back out.

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Cooling system likely is some. Centralized mass should ride lighter though, as well as less ice build up on the back

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Absolutely.

I got into a pickle and the sled was upside down.
I got the sled on it's side, but I couldn't roll it the way I wanted to, so when if was laying in it's side, I had to throw the rear bumper uphill and that's the first time I've ever done it like that by myself.

It was pretty light. No snow buildup. In the back end just felt lighter when it was laying in the snow on its side.

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
I hate sleds that run hot in marginal snow. I sure would like to hear from someone who has tried one in these conditions. With the Slash having less cooling is a concern.
it's tunnel wide under the seat now and finned. you probably have 5times more surface with the finned design

west dreams

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2009
Becker, Mn.
Not sure if I am going to phrase this right or not but with a shorter tunnel 155" would that somewhat take away the need or desire to go 165"? Would the short tunnel 155" go through the deeper snow more like a standard 165"?

G
Mar 2, 2021
Utah
Not sure if I am going to phrase this right or not but with a shorter tunnel 155" would that somewhat take away the need or desire to go 165"? Would the short tunnel 155" go through the deeper snow more like a standard 165"?
I am curious too. What is the point of the a shorter tunnel?

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
I know the turbo is getting the press but I'm wondering about how the 650 did at elevation and the specs of that 146 track.
I did take the 650 146" out. It was electric start and 2" track. I swapped with my buddy Dan Gardiner half way through without telling him what it was. He came back and said, "it feels lazy" I then informed him it was a 650 146 with 2" and electric start. It was impressive for what it did at 8000 feet.
I really wanted to try the 850 146" with 2.6" track. That is a very cool sled IMO.
So IMO if you weigh under 150lbs the 650 is plenty capable. It rode well on the trail and handled everything just fine. Otherwise I would stick with the 850.

Premium Features