• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installed Deepsnow lightweight spindle kit , skis really towed out now.

B
Nov 19, 2020
Installed the kit on a 19 Freeride, went together well but my ski tips are 2.5 inches father apart then stock . skis look visibly towed out . im guessing i better do a alignment ? or should i just extend each steering rod out 1.25 inch and call it good . i hope they have that much adjustment .

Last edited:
I
Dec 21, 2016
The math doesn’t work like that. Think of a triangle and your pivot point, and why 1.25” at the tie rod won’t equal 1.25” at your ski tip.

Do an alignment.

R
Nov 16, 2016
The math doesn’t work like that. Think of a triangle and your pivot point, and why 1.25” at the tie rod won’t equal 1.25” at your ski tip.
Agreed!

Ideally, we would draw a centerline on our concrete floor.
We would then center the sled precisely over that centerline... both front and rear of the chassis.
We would then take a measurement from each ski tip to the centerline.
With the handlebar square to the chassis, we would adjust each tie rod until each ski tip measurement would be equal and would give the correct amount of Toe-Out.

Very easy to do!

A
Jan 4, 2015
Canada
Installed the kit on a 19 Freeride, went together well but my ski tips are 2.5 inches father apart then stock . skis look visibly towed out . im guessing i better do a alignment ? or should i just extend each steering rod out 1.25 inch and call it good . i hope they have that much adjustment .
Yep just do an alignment. Aim for 1/8 to 3/16 total toe out.
Where's the guy who said geometry was the same between the spindle models ?

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
Bret Rasmussen does a good video on how to check alignment. Starts at 11:40.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

B
Nov 19, 2020

Do an alignment.

Yes i just realized that when i started playing with it . each tierod had to be moved out about a 1/4 inch

B
Nov 19, 2020
Yep just do an alignment. Aim for 1/8 to 3/16 total toe out.
Where's the guy who said geometry was the same between the spindle models ?
Yea the new spindle has a different geometry forsure , I really compared them closely and the hole you connect the tierod to is in a bit different position .

Premium Features