• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installation and Review: Skinz Protective Gear "Air Frame" Boards

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Extra mixer tubes would have been nice.
I had TWO, and made it work, but there was NO room for error since the stuff sets up so fast in the tube.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Someone just asked me if after a full season the boards are warped any.

My answer was that they show ZERO deformation or warping.

They wanted a photo to prove it.
So here is a shot of the boards, one year later, with a straight edge on top to show they are ROCK SOLID.

picture.php

66chevy327

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Huron,SD
Airframe running boards???

will the 2010 boards fit the 2009 nytro mtx??? seems like NO ONE has 2009 sets just the 2010 ones???? the 2009 tunnel will be custom tapered back to a Hartman 121" to 162" tunnel exstension starting at just below the front suspension mounting bolt then straight back to the exstension. IS it POSSIBLE???

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
If anyone needs a 375ml tube of the 406/19GB Lord adhesive let me know. I'll give it to you for $45 plus shipping. It cost me $52 but didn't fit my gun.

M
Jul 21, 2011
I just finished an Install on my IQ and I found two tips that may help the next guy.

1) I used some 1/2" EMT pipe (used for conduit, cost $3) as a ruler and cutting guide for the inner edge. This way I could run the grinder/saw accross the tube and get a clean straight edge and since the inner skinz tube is also 1/2" it made for a clean finish and didn't have to measure a thing!

2) I used about a foot of plumbers tape. Yes the stuff used for hanging pipes in your crawl space! Anways, it has 2" spaced holes and can be formed fit to the pipe to make a quick jig. Worked great and made the install of rivets and ice studs idiot proof.

K
Nov 5, 2008
Central Utah
impressive post

I wish there were more post like this on products that I am looking to buy. I am seriously impressed at how thorough your pictures and explanations were. Thank you!

Premium Features