• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installation and Review: OFT Racing 2008-2010 Yamaha Nytro Steering Relocator Kit

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
It gives the steering a much more natural feel. I felt like I was driving a bus without it, but if you are only 5'11" I think it should be fine with the xtx riser. The mtx riser is bigger and I think it would be a bit tall. You will not regret it. The thing I like a lot about this kit also is that it tightens up the steering a lot.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
This evening I had occasion to reattach my steering column after installing my supercharger and I wanted to post a few additional installation photos of the OFT kit.

Lower Steering column mounting bracket.
picture.php

picture.php

The internal bushing
picture.php

Shaft goes the first bushing and the 2nd bushing is laid on top of the shaft.
picture.php

picture.php

Locking Plate.
picture.php

Bending the tabs to ensure the steering column doesn't come loose on accident!
picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
While the upper mount is designed to be seen, and is much nicer to look at, it follows the same principle the lower one does.

Bracket, Bushing, Steering Column, another bushing and the top bracket to hold it all in place.
picture.php

picture.php

If you are riding a Nytro and you don't have this kit installed, you are doing yourself a great disservice!
This is one of those rare MUST HAVE items on your sled.
Get one and get it installed.

The only thing I can think of that would make this any better, is if the fine folks at OFT Racing offered it in YAMAHA BLUE!!:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
The only thing I can think of that would make this any better, is if the fine folks at OFT Racing offered it in YAMAHA BLUE!!:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

Thanks for the Pic's Chris... As far as I know, we make wheels in bloo... if there were more interest in the same for the relocator, I'm sure we could make it so...

Want this one? :face-icon-small-ton

BlooRelo.jpg

T

TNytro162

Feb 6, 2011
Northern Colorado
Thanks for the Pic's Chris... As far as I know, we make wheels in bloo... if there were more interest in the same for the relocator, I'm sure we could make it so...

Want this one? :face-icon-small-ton

BlooRelo.jpg
I bet he's got it already after he saw this ,,,I thought I liked blue Ha! Chris has me beat =)

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I think my sled will have you beat for blue this winter. Tunnel, entire skid, spindles and over half of the sled vinyl wrapped in blue. You better get on your horse.

Yamahas are meant to be blue!!!!!!!!!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
YOU SUCK! :face-icon-small-hap

NEXT YEAR I will get the tunnel OFF my sled and have it done in Blue.

This year was Structural Mods, next year will be cosmetic!

L
Nov 15, 2014
OFT relocator

I two have bought this kit for my nytro and must say the shipping was quick. The product is made top notch and the install instructions from the website are second to none. Was totally impressed and can't wait to see the difference it makes on my sled. I will looking at purchasing other items from OFT in the future.

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
I two have bought this kit for my nytro and must say the shipping was quick. The product is made top notch and the install instructions from the website are second to none. Was totally impressed and can't wait to see the difference it makes on my sled. I will looking at purchasing other items from OFT in the future.

Thanks! It took a long time to write instructions that made sense to the masses. I even had complaints they were TOO in depth!

Premium Features