• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Injector technology

sledheadextreme

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2010
Idaho
www.rklab.com
A little introduction from myself. I have been involved with a company that is developing a new diesel fuel injector that is going to have a huge impact in Diesel engine world. It is a revolutionary new design that drastically reduces both NOX and Particulate emissions all while increasing horsepower and fuel economy. Here is the link to the website. Be sure to watch the videos on the website, they did great work putting them together.

http://rklab.com/

I would like to hear your thoughts, comments and ideas and I’ll do my best to answer any questions you may have as well.

Thanks,
Trevor

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
What fuel pressure does it run at?
What exit gas temps is it running at for low nox?
Whats the life span & maintenance compared to normal injectors?
What kind of fuel filtration?

sledheadextreme

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2010
Idaho
www.rklab.com
What fuel pressure does it run at?
The commercial design will be injecting at over 70,000 psi where the current system for light duty and class 8 is around 35,000 psi. It is a unit injector and doesn't require a high pressure fuel pump, just a supply pump.

What exit gas temps is it running at for low nox?
It is actually a low temperature combustion event, below the 2100k temp when NOx is formed in the cylinder. With the increased atomization of the fuel, particulates are drastically reduced and NOx is eliminated.

Whats the life span & maintenance compared to normal injectors?
Lifespan will be equal to or better than current injector design. The original prototype was ran for 10,000 hrs which is equivalent to a out 1 million road miles. It was inspected and showed almost no signs of wear.

What kind of fuel filtration?
The existing fuel filtration is sufficient.

Premium Features