• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Indy specialties tru-shift clutch cover

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Has anyone installed Indy specialties clutch cover on an ascender chassis?
I am afraid of burning a hole through my side panel.
The extra length of the cover has it 1/8" away from the panel.
It took a pry bar on the panel to get the clutch to fit in the sled and putting a belt on was quite the chore.

We have 3+ft of new snow and i wanted to ride the Alpha tomorrow but not sure if the panel will make it through a day of sidehilling....
20210226_184107.jpg

Sent it

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Sorta looks like a similar design and size as the 911.
I know i burned into my proclimb panel with the 911.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
It took a pry bar on the panel to get the clutch to fit in the sled and putting a belt on was quite the chore.

We have 3+ft of new snow and i wanted to ride the Alpha tomorrow but not sure if the panel will make it through a day of sidehilling....
View attachment 368622

Sent it
You're going to throw rocks at the kaos when you get home

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana

View attachment 368622

Sent it
What’s the report, how did it work on sidehills? I’m very interested in the cover if I can’t get the new 22 clutch for next season.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
What’s the report, how did it work on sidehills? I’m very interested in the cover if I can’t get the new 22 clutch for next season.
I rode this instead. (No clearance issues)
I don't want to put holes in my side panels yet.
I can tell u that the RMK has smoothed out a lot with this heavy cover. From startup to 8200rpm.
I'm excited to ride the Alpha soon and hopeful for the same results.

I might have to fabricate a bowl type clutch cover similar to the Axys.
Maybe 3d print something?

Kinda difficult as the clutch is at the seam of the door and bottom panel.
20210222_200308.jpg

Sent it

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
I have about 450 miles on my Indy cover and balanced primary. No holes in the side panel and has barely touched the inside edge of the belly pan that's adjacent to it. I also had 911 cover that burned a hole in my proclimb. The plastic bar that is taped to the side panel really does its job keeping the panel off the clutch, The clutch has run really well since installing and seemed to pull more RPM than the stock cover after getting the full Indy service/shim.

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
Sorta looks like a similar design and size as the 911.
I know i burned into my proclimb panel with the 911.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The difference is it doesn't have a deflection adjuster that sticks out. It is a beefy cover and has a large bushing in it, I'm really happy with its construction compared to the other aftermarkets.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
I rode this instead. (No clearance issues)
I don't want to put holes in my side panels yet.
I can tell u that the RMK has smoothed out a lot with this heavy cover. From startup to 8200rpm.
I'm excited to ride the Alpha soon and hopeful for the same results.

Kinda difficult as the clutch is at the seam of the door and bottom panel.

Sent it

Have you had the cat out with this cover? dgibbons review sounds great. Would like to hear other's experiences. Not sure if the cover will help or prevent the moveable sheave from cracking. I'm getting a replacement team primary (thank you warranty) and wondering if I should invest in this cover and balancing or wait and buy the new Adapt clutch this fall (still unproven).

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Have you had the cat out with this cover? dgibbons review sounds great. Would like to hear other's experiences. Not sure if the cover will help or prevent the moveable sheave from cracking. I'm getting a replacement team primary (thank you warranty) and wondering if I should invest in this cover and balancing or wait and buy the new Adapt clutch this fall (still unproven).
No, Haven't had much new snow. It's been Khaos snow.
Hopefully this Saturday will be good enough for the Alpha.

Sent it

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008

View attachment 368788

Sent it
Install an oil lite bushing/bearing in the cover. Use the longest oil lite length possible without hitting the spider nut. Don’t be chincy on cover weight or thickness. Build her skookum and be the envy of all clutch enthusiasts in the land!
IMHO

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Install an oil lite bushing/bearing in the cover. Use the longest oil lite length possible without hitting the spider nut. Don’t be chincy on cover weight or thickness. Build her skookum and be the envy of all clutch enthusiasts in the land!
IMHO
I am referring to the plastic body panels needing a cup/cover like the Axys to provide room for this clutch..
This clutch cover has an excellent sized bushing hence the proximity to the panel. ~1/8" gap.

Sent it

summitbound

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Benalto , AB
I have about 450 miles on my Indy cover and balanced primary. No holes in the side panel and has barely touched the inside edge of the belly pan that's adjacent to it. I also had 911 cover that burned a hole in my proclimb. The plastic bar that is taped to the side panel really does its job keeping the panel off the clutch, The clutch has run really well since installing and seemed to pull more RPM than the stock cover after getting the full Indy service/shim.
Is this on a ProClimb or a Ascender Chassis

summitbound

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Benalto , AB
I have a Proclimb , would there be less chance of it rubbing on the side panel than a Ascender ??

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I have a Proclimb , would there be less chance of it rubbing on the side panel than a Ascender ??

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
Yes, there is quite a bit more space on the proclimb. Like an inch or possibly more?
Now, if u lay it on its side on firm snow, the proclimb panel pushes in much easier .

Sent it

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I have not ridden with the new cover in snow yet, just in the garage a few times.... lol

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Premium Features