• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Indy Dans Turbo Clutching

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Anybody running Indy Dans turbo clutch package on there Axys?
How do you like it?

polaris_guy13

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
My experience with it is limited to low elevationcurrently I am running it at 600-1500ft right now with a silber at 3psi and have had good luck. Heading out west in a few weeks to try out in West Yellowstone.

Down low it pulls hard and has a smooth engagement when in the tight trees of the U.P.

Here is a link to a test run when a little while ago in some corn stubble with a dusting of snow...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sYmK05o2SI

Last edited:

Seabass152

Premium Member
Jun 3, 2009
Truckee, Ca
Anymore info on this kit from people who have tried it? Principle seems similar to TRS clutching but how far off in performance/heat is it? Thanks

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
My experience with it is limited to low elevationcurrently I am running it at 600-1500ft right now with a silber at 3psi and have had good luck. Heading out west in a few weeks to try out in West Yellowstone.

Down low it pulls hard and has a smooth engagement when in the tight trees of the U.P.

Here is a link to a test run when a little while ago in some corn stubble with a dusting of snow...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sYmK05o2SI
What was goin on around the 9 second mark of the video?
Sounded like a bit of a burble- Looks like it pulls nice and hard....

polaris_guy13

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I took that video a while ago so I can't really remember if it was a machine burble or quick finger burble. I added 2 grams of weight after that was taken because I was tripping the over rev limiter if I went wot... that was its maiden voyage

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Where can i buy this kit, and what is included? I could only find the turbo weights on his site, no complete clutch kit.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Call there. Jon usually answers the phone.... I got message yesterday he was out of town. I would try early next week.

I heard he has new turbo weights too.

M

MBR44

Nov 26, 2007
Gaylord, MI
Any other feed back on this kit. I ordered his weights and was supposed to get a 46-32/34 but instead got a mountain X helix. I assume that it is his turbo helix. Just didn't know how it runs and won't have time to return it and get the other helix I originally ordered.

562xp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2012
Any other feed back on this kit. I ordered his weights and was supposed to get a 46-32/34 but instead got a mountain X helix. I assume that it is his turbo helix. Just didn't know how it runs and won't have time to return it and get the other helix I originally ordered.

Check the angles of the helix, I bet that is what it is.

M

MBR44

Nov 26, 2007
Gaylord, MI
I told Jon that I wanted the 46/32 and he said it was super popular and sent me that but Dan is very hush, hush on angles.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
I have the full setup now and will start testing soon. His helix angle is his secret but yes it is the same theory as say TRS clutch setup.

I can tell you Jon and Dan are awesome to work with.

We will be doing testing from sea level up to say 3500' and then maybe up to 6000' in April.

I have all 3 of his turbo weights and will test them but from the sounds of it we will like other the 1 or 3 weight.

I have done some talking with Bryan at B&M Fab which has been running this setup at the 6000' and loves it. Pulls like a freight train all the way through.

I am excited to test!

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I have the full setup now and will start testing soon. His helix angle is his secret but yes it is the same theory as say TRS clutch setup.

We will be doing testing from sea level up to say 3500' and then maybe up to 6000' in April.

I have all 3 of his turbo weights and will test them but from the sounds of it we will like other the 1 or 3 weight.

I have done some talking with Bryan at B&M Fab which has been running this setup at the 6000' and loves it. Pulls like a freight train all the way through.

I am excited to test!

What belt are you going to run with Dan's set-up?

polaris_guy13

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007

I am excited to test!

I will second that Dan and Jon are great to work with. Top Notch customer service.

I have been running the IS kit at low elevation (600ft) but it has just been gettin base lines for a trip out to West Yellowstone the end of this month. When I get back from the trip I will do a write up with what I have found to work best at 7-9000.

Last edited:
Premium Features