• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Indy Dans Turbo Clutching

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Elevation around 10,000ft

Was 2 2 1
Changed to 1 2 1, heel to toe. on silber 7lb spring.
I did notice it snappier down low, along with the pro quick drive gears I added. I think I can drop 1 more magnet to make it even snappier because I never once seen it go over 8300 in the deep pow. On the trails when I pinned it, I seen 8400 max.

Looking at additional venting as well for the intake vents. Guys I was riding with, had additional venting. They pointed this out right away. My sled was running very rich at idle due to this, boggy as well. It was a fight to keep the stock vents clean enough to get enough air in. We we're in handle bar deep snow, and the stock vents, with even a little bit of clogging caused issues. Hopefully that will help someone.

Boondocker intakes work very well.

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
Update on clutching: I am down to 71.3grams @ 7lbs boost silber. Set at Heel 0 , 2 , 1 magnet setup. This has given me a little higher and firmer engagement, Roughly 45-4600 rpm. Low end snap has improved with this setup. I am still only hitting 8400RPM max on the trail when I punch it for a few seconds. I will likely try dropping one more magnet which would put me in the 70gram range. I think this is helping the low end responsiveness quite a bit. Thanks for all the help/ideas!

Had 2coolvents ordered before I read this. Installed and rode with them. Much cleaner on the low end now when in deep snow. Basically eliminated the powder bog. They look good overall. But did have to cut holes with the hole saw. Easy install.

Premium Features