• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

If you were going to take a week off?

L
Aug 29, 2008
CT
Where would you go if you were going to trailer your sleds somewhere and stay for a week. I am thinking UP, Abitibi Canyon , Maine.
Where would you go?

L
Aug 29, 2008
CT
Well it looks like no one is going to take time off this year. Boring! I am trying to plan a cross country trip to the west. I am thinking the Snowy Range in WY. It looks like it's going to take about 24 hours of driveing but I can't wait to go.

Here is a youtube link of the snowy's (This is not Me)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqav5m9D1RQ

Last edited:
F
Feb 27, 2008
Aspen Colorado
Colorado

If your planning that trip west. From Ct. Watch the weather paterns prior because the snow sometimes misses and hits south and then your dry up there. Think northern or western Co. maybe snow patterns can help you decide.
And figure from Danbury 30 hours drive ( I dont know where in Ct you are) I do it a couple times a year. I am on western slope of Co. surrounded by the best riding you could imagine! Snowies are great aswell but there 8 hrs north from me. look at Snowest Co. check out the pictures. The Rockies are the best riding Co, Wy, UT . Bar NONE

L
Aug 29, 2008
CT
I know the drive well I used to go to school in logan ut. Great sleding out there i am realy excited about it I hope i can pull it all together. I am mostly worried about the pass into laramie that gets closed alot. Map quest says 28 hours but I think its faster then that.

Last edited:
C

coolx2

Nov 29, 2007
I would go to alpine wyoming. A group of us went out 3 seasons ago and it was the best week ever. They had over 7ft of snow on the ground when we where there. good luck.

T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
I'd go to logan UT, and I'd do it Feb 9-16th. In fact, I am doing it.

Come join me at HawkFest. There will be around 75 hawks and over 25 sleds for the annual Snowhawk get together.

Another option for a weekend trip is HawkFest East, March 12-14, Lake Placid, NY. Bobsleding at the Lake Placid Olympic center on Friday, followed by two days or riding. It's called HawkFest, but we don't discriminate. Bring the Twoski's and the whole family.

PM me if interested in more details.

Premium Features