• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

If you are headed up the North Shore this weekend.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
This weekend with the weather predicted and the fall colors at peak, there will be a lot of people enjoying the weekend along the North Shore and inland. If you are headed south on HWY 61 on Sunday, make dang sure you get south of Two harbors early Sunday afternoon. And I mean early. One time I saw cars backed up from Two Harbors all the way up to the first tunnel. I also would not care to be driving from the cities north on I-35 late afternoon today (10/9/15) or driving south on I-35 late afternoon on Sunday (10/11/15):light:
Have a great weekend everyone!:face-icon-small-ton

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
That's the beauty of having both sides of the family in Iowa. We are always traveling in the opposite direction of the cidiots on high traffic weekends.

Cuyuna Lakes area north of Brainerd is pretty scenic this time of year too. Much less crowded.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
That's the beauty of having both sides of the family in Iowa. We are always traveling in the opposite direction of the cidiots on high traffic weekends.

Cuyuna Lakes area north of Brainerd is pretty scenic this time of year too. Much less crowded.

I have friends from the metro area and they get mad when I call them cidiots.:face-icon-small-sho Oh well!
Yes, you are correct about traveling in the opposite direction. Going north on I-35 on late Sunday afternoon, the are bumper to bumper from 694 all the way to Hinckley. Crazy...... I agree, the Cuyuna range is nice.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
I was ready thank thinking I try to stay off I35 north at those times every weekend. I can't even imagine how crazy that area is this time of year.

Opening of fishing is probably the worst. Not just vehicles, but vehicles towing boats, campers etc. Double whammy!
The weather has kept the leaves on longer than normal this year. It's been an amazing fall. I have had frost five times so far and with the wind going on today (Saturday) the trees will be looking pretty sick this week.

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
I have friends from the metro area and they get mad when I call them cidiots.:face-icon-small-sho Oh well!
Yes, you are correct about traveling in the opposite direction. Going north on I-35 on late Sunday afternoon, the are bumper to bumper from 694 all the way to Hinckley. Crazy...... I agree, the Cuyuna range is nice.
I think most us of have our cidiots that we know and love. They're ok... they just need a point in the right direction once in awhile....South! Ha Ha!

Premium Features