• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

If I just change the throttle flipper on an evo, shouldn't I start bumping up against the rev limiter like crazy?

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Hi guys,
From the sounds of it, there are a bunch of you out there with an evo and you put the new flipper on there, but didn't mess with the primary clutching at all. My clutch theory says you should be running into the rev limiter all day every day. Are you? If not, does anybody have a good explanation as to why not?

Thanks

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Nothing? Nobody has any ideas? Alright, well I'm going to try it out this weekend. I will let you know how it goes.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
It was likely clutched for full throttle anyways, part throttle wasn’t fully into the secondary.
The manual seems to tell me that the primary clutching was indeed done to be matched up with the 5/8 throttle. I'm not smart at this stuff, but that is what I gather anyway as I read the manual as well as the instructions for the evolution kit.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
How would a new throttle lever cause a machine to hit the rev limiter?
I'm no pro here, but if it is clutched for a small amount of power with light weights in the primary, and then you give it more power without adding weight to the primary, too high of RPMs is the result right? Too much power with too light of weights in the primary equals too many RPM...right?

I
Dec 21, 2016
I'm no pro here, but if it is clutched for a small amount of power with light weights in the primary, and then you give it more power without adding weight to the primary, too high of RPMs is the result right? Too much power with too light of weights in the primary equals too many RPM...right?
Well the throttle assembly can only open so far, right? The only way I could see it opening farther with a new lever or cable is if it wasn’t opening far enough to begin with.

Premium Features