• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ibexx or torque link

D

Daniel475

Mar 12, 2012
Gibsons BC
thinking about doing one of these tunes , anyone have any reviews running either of these tunes aswell as to some feedback , i know ibexx offers complete kits , new charge tubes and clutching aswell , im sure torque link does aswell , just curious which one is better , thinking of just doing the 20hp upgrade , let me know thank you !

T
Nov 27, 2007
Canada
I’ve been messing with the torque link tunes but can’t seem to get them to run the same day to day. One day it will go like crazy and the next time I start it my sled doesn’t want to boost or go. Shut it off restart it’s game on again for a while. Scratching my head have a message into Bikeman to see what’s up.

When it runs it runs HARD, but seems every time I flash it all my bottom end is gone.

Feb 14, 2010
get a hold of Jared Sessions on FB, he will help you out, i run the bikeman stage 2 tune, runs strong day to day, you have to clutch for the tune.
don`t know why people are having problems, Bikeman has sold the lots tunes for the Ski Doo turbo and most are very happy. so there is a problem when
they emailed you the tunes, see if they will re email the tunes for you, your computer may have corrupted them some how.

T
Nov 27, 2007
Canada
get a hold of Jared Sessions on FB, he will help you out, i run the bikeman stage 2 tune, runs strong day to day, you have to clutch for the tune.
don`t know why people are having problems, Bikeman has sold the lots tunes for the Ski Doo turbo and most are very happy. so there is a problem when
they emailed you the tunes, see if they will re email the tunes for you, your computer may have corrupted them some how.
Let me know how to get ahold of him. It’s pretty bullshit a stock sled has instant throttle response and a 10 hp flash is dead from the arsehole up. Makes no sense. It’s retarded.

Feb 14, 2010
go on Facebook, punch in Jared Sessions, you can message him.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
I’ve been messing with the torque link tunes but can’t seem to get them to run the same day to day. One day it will go like crazy and the next time I start it my sled doesn’t want to boost or go. Shut it off restart it’s game on again for a while. Scratching my head have a message into Bikeman to see what’s up.

When it runs it runs HARD, but seems every time I flash it all my bottom end is gone.

Who’s can are you using? If you are using one?

I’ve tried several on a stock 22, they are not equal in how they affect the bottom end to mid range. Just food for thought.

I’ve experienced a large stall with one, at 6500-7500 ish RPM, when stab the throttle wide open from just over idle. But the stall is gone if I’m already at around 6000 rpm and stab it to wide open throttle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
Who’s can are you using? If you are using one?

I’ve tried several on a stock 22, they are not equal in how they affect the bottom end to mid range. Just food for thought.

I’ve experienced a large stall with one, at 6500-7500 ish RPM, when stab the throttle wide open from just over idle. But the stall is gone if I’m already at around 6000 rpm and stab it to wide open throttle.

Well which cans worked the best?

D

Daniel475

Mar 12, 2012
Gibsons BC
also curious for clutching , should you match ibexx with ibexx tune , or would DJ clutching be good to go !

T
Nov 27, 2007
Canada
Have DJ clutching in mine. Only using stock muffler but sounds like maybe more flow is needed in the muffler. No two days it works the same.

Yesterday -35* sled worked like crap with 10 hp tune so annoying I flashed it back to stock. As soon as it’s stock instant rpm.

Sooooo last night I left the weights the same flashed the 10 hp tune. It warmed up to -10 here today. Clocked up to #4 and sled is a rocket lol zero lag instant rpm and can hear the boost. Yesterday same setup dog. 10 hp tune pulls 10x harder but don’t pull anymore weight.

Feb 14, 2010
well first of all if you want better throttle response go down to clicker 1 the bottom end revs come up faster on the lower clicker numbers.
it `s the total weight of the ramp that determines top RPMS.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Have DJ clutching in mine. Only using stock muffler but sounds like maybe more flow is needed in the muffler. No two days it works the same.

Ok, thought I’d ask, just I case.

I’ve ran the Diamond S, Boondocker, and Force Turbo. Each act a bit different on the bottom end to mid range. All seem to act good on the big end.

Diamond S accentuates the 6500-7500 ish slight motor stall from just off idle to wide open. All stock the stall is there, though only slightly, barely noticeable.

Both the Boondocker and Force Turbo does not act that way.

I have been told tunes much over the 20hp. The Diamond S does not flow enough air.

The Force Turbo, was set up for maximum air flow, at least that is what Bryce with Force told me.

The Boondocker is also set up around higher wire flow. Though in certain situations going slow, exhaust in the snow, with intakes clogged it will gurgle a bit. Pretty sure it is a by product of how they designed it to reduce powder bogs.

Of coarse that is my experience, everyone will probably have different results on some parts.

T
Aug 8, 2011
My torque link tunes are balls on every day. You can clutch a terrible bog into them though. Comes down to pressure rise in the intake box to get the bipass shut, at the right time so the turbo is spooling. I’m not sure the bipass doesn’t need to be sprung a little different for more boost. They are naturally way more difficult to get the bottom good on vs a stock tune because you are having to deal with enough weight and helix to hold additional power on top, all while making the same power on the bottom. Same issue applies with transient throttle response.
I wouldn’t waste my time with a stage 1. Two they start to come to life. Lean 3 and 4 are nasty.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt

Yesterday -35* sled worked like crap with 10 hp tune so annoying I flashed it back to stock. As soon as it’s stock instant rpm.

Sooooo last night I left the weights the same flashed the 10 hp tune. It warmed up to -10 here today. Clocked up to #4 and sled is a rocket lol zero lag instant rpm and can hear the boost. Yesterday same setup dog. 10 hp tune pulls 10x harder but don’t pull anymore weight.

I am using DJ clutching, but currently stock, I read DJ recommend a different primary spring for guys going up in Hp. His stock spring in his kit is 100-250. To get the low engagement that he prefers in his kit. You can try a 150-250 spring, which will raise the engagement and should spool the turbo quicker.

I’m considering the ibexx tune/tuner. I would switch to the ibexx clutching if so. The weights he is using are designed to reduce rotating weight yet with the ability to add the needed tip weight recommend for the higher hp application. Or experiment with different weights with DJ spring/helix combo.

If your going to tune, imo, you have to be willing to experiment and find what works best for your location/area that you ride most. Just because these tuners come out with a kit, doesn’t mean it is going to be spot on for you and your area/snow/etc. way to many variables.

Premium Features