• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Iam going to buy a onesie suit

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The Klim has the most athletic fit and a stiffer fabric.

Agreed, except for the Tobe "Rex" fabric - it's more along the stiffness of the Valdez jacket (which I wore for a years). I don't find the mono as warm as my previous jacket/pants but I seem to be in the minority on that. The freedom of movement and no snow up your back by the end of the day is worth it!

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
On blac Friday 509 made their non current cheap enough to try.
6'1" 250# fatty
Bought a 2xl
I think I like it but
It must be for someone 7' or taller and the mid section fits me like a barrel with suspenders
The leg zips aren't tall enough, hard to get the boot in and out.
There's no pocket access for your pants pockets
I'm sure the newer ones address that

T
Oct 10, 2001
Spokane WA
I wear a ToBe and like it but to be honest, I don't have anything to compare it to. I've always worn Klim bibs and jacket, I just wanted to try something different.

P
Dec 15, 2018
Oh the no access to inside pockets would be a bummer for my brain! Hmmm… well I need some dang new gear cause mines old and worn out and not good lol. I keep seeing deal but iam a life long cheap skate so when I see on sale for 980 or 1149 I get all no way lol. I have access through my bibs for work and it’s a odd habit..

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Klim is better fit and more thought out. I was going to try a tobe but don't necessarily like the fit. The put their pockets at a 45 and it has a funky wrinkle in it. Klim has them up and down. It might put a wrinkle but it is the other way and doesn't bother your leg. Some of them have zipper offset so it's stiffer, by your leg, and that bugs me. Their hood sizing is stupid big even though it's kindof adjustable. I would shred most of them. I haven't seen the rev but i shredded my lochsa that i thought was bombproof. Trying lochsa 5 this year even though price is high. The only thing tobe has over klim, if they are listening, is extra zipper on collar for more room and suspenders. Had my klim fall off my shoulders. Really annoying and really simple to fix. You can get a ripsa for more flexibility, same gaitors, full length zipper for better value.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Klim has good quality products, fit is not for everyone.
Tobe has good reviews on quality.

509, I'll keep my mouth shut.

Monosuits in General, im not a fan.
I take my jacket off to cool down. Sometimes, i strap it to the tunnel and ride without it for a while. Can't do that with a onsie.

If u tear the bibs on the polaris running boards or the jacket on the tree, u can replace half the outfit.....

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Klim has good quality products, fit is not for everyone.
Tobe has good reviews on quality.

509, I'll keep my mouth shut.

Monosuits in General, im not a fan.
I take my jacket off to cool down. Sometimes, i strap it to the tunnel and ride without it for a while. Can't do that with a onsie.

If u tear the bibs on the polaris running boards or the jacket on the tree, u can replace half the outfit.....

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
I got in a fight with a boost and handlebar hooks. I lost so have to buy a new suit.

C
Nov 29, 2008
Picked up a Polaris one on clearance for $240 Cdn ... figured it was the best route to see if I like it ...

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

ratlover

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 6, 2021
Central IL
Country Cat has quite a few of the old Motorfist Blitzkrieg suits on clearance for 360$ and Motorfist has their suits on sale right now. I have nothing to compare to others with but I have a Blitzkrieg suit and like it.

Edit: Just realized 360 was for the insulated suit. 500 for the uninsulated suit.

OCDsledder

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2003
Cheyenne WY
I got one of the Blitzkrieg’s from Country Cat about a month ago. I’m 5’ 11” and 225. With out being able to try the suit on, I got one size larger then their chart called for. I should have trusted their chart. I have plenty of room for all the Holiday food and drink without blowing out the seams.
It does have a lot of vents.

P
Dec 15, 2018
Just in case others read about this. I ended up with a 509 and it’s pretty nice. I’d say if you could allways have the sizing luxury of short medium and tall that would be great to figure out. My suits a large because my chest and arms but is a little long in the leg (or iam a little short)
Only thing that I’ll complain about is if by bad luck you have a poo- mergency , then it’s a bit inconvenient. So I’ll say that it’s a 8-10 because there are some zipped that are hard to reach as well and it’s shockingly heavy and even though you don’t necessarily notice it , it’s weight on your body that leads to fatigue? Anyway thumbs up to 509 and it was last years so only 350 buck which is way better thatn 1200! Oh and I found out that 509 and klim are both owned by Polaris so they are probably both about as trust worthy? Lol

TurboSportTSi

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 16, 2022
Lewistown, MT
I'll throw in my recent experience as well for any prospective buyers. It would be so nice to have a place to try some of this stuff on back to back!

I was looking to try a onesie, having custom ordered a top shelf one before for motorcycling and hating/returning it. I was skeptical, to put it mildly, so I had very low confidence this would work out. I was pleasantly surprised! I went with a CKX Elevation Zero non-insulated because it seemed like reasonable quality and was on closeout. The fit isn't great, but it "fits." I'm 6'1", 215, 46" chest with long arms and ordered an XL. Torso length is pretty darn spot on, which was a nice surprise (doesn't ride up into a wedgie), and arm & leg lengths are good too. Overall, the fit is pretty baggy throughout, which I sort of expected in the torso so it wasn't restrictive, but the arms and legs are also baggy. The leg cuffs don't cinch at all (which I knew ahead of time from a review), which wouldn't be a big deal except they are pretty huge...feels like wearing those super wide leg jeans that were popular in the late 90s.

The material doesn't breathe real well, which is a primary concern for me because I sweat a lot, and the zippered vents are TINY and not very well placed. I can't even tell if they are open or closed while riding. Might make a good trail riding suit. It doesn't bunch up anywhere or get tight around knees/elbows, on me anyway, so that's good. The hood is removable, which is super nice. I've tried it both ways and would rather remove it and just carry a beanie unless the weather is real nasty.

I have a bone to pick with the leg zippers....who on God's green one thinks that anything other than full length zippers are acceptable on any bibs or monosuit??? It's asinine. Unless there is some requirement to have cargo pockets...and pockets on the front of the thigh would just be unacceptable, for whatever reason...there just isn't an excuse.

Overall though, I'm happy I tried it and I will be looking to upgrade maybe next season. In a world of $800-1200 monosuits, I'd say this one is definitely worth the ~$320 I paid for it. It's 100% livable on all but the warmest days and would make a workable backup or a great "entry level" suit for someone else to try if they are feeling out a mono. Having had a poor experience with monosuits in other applications, I'm happy I tried it and don't regret trying a cheaper one, knowing it probably wasn't going to be what I ended up with. Going to do my due diligence this time and try a Tobe on (for the reputation and the Sympatex), as well as a Klim. As long as the fit is as good or better than the CKX, it will be a no-brainer.

P
Dec 15, 2018
Wouldn’t it be nice to have a tailor make you one lol. I bought a 2021 model 509 for about the same price (345) it’s not there too of the line model. It fits really well in most places except the legs are long. Weird how you could be good and then not lol. It’s really bomber made and has all kinds of features but I was surprised that my first ride I was cold. It’s freaking heavy too. I get why guys say my setup your shocks in gear. I’d say it’s worth it. I won’t lie it’s a bit of work If you have a poo-mergency. It’s not so convenient lol. To be honest I’ll go back to bibs and jacket in a year or two. It’s just to hard core for what I do. Iam not riding hard enough and I need my gear to double duty for skiing. But I will say 509 stuff Is nice.

TurboSportTSi

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 16, 2022
Lewistown, MT
You know, I've read multiple times how onesies tend to run colder, which surprised me. Maybe because jacket & bibs double up around your core?

And yes, one thing I forgot to mention is that - speaking of fitting well or even big - the shoulders in my suit are very tight to get on and off. Sort of like a tailored suit jacket. I found that odd. It would definitely slow one down in a poo-mergency! LMAO

C
Nov 29, 2008
Wouldn’t it be nice to have a tailor make you one lol. I bought a 2021 model 509 for about the same price (345) it’s not there too of the line model. It fits really well in most places except the legs are long. Weird how you could be good and then not lol. It’s really bomber made and has all kinds of features but I was surprised that my first ride I was cold. It’s freaking heavy too. I get why guys say my setup your shocks in gear. I’d say it’s worth it. I won’t lie it’s a bit of work If you have a poo-mergency. It’s not so convenient lol. To be honest I’ll go back to bibs and jacket in a year or two. It’s just to hard core for what I do. Iam not riding hard enough and I need my gear to double duty for skiing. But I will say 509 stuff Is nice.
Bring it to a tailor shop that does commercial / industrial gear - they can trim / hem and shorten the zipper ...

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

TurboSportTSi

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 16, 2022
Lewistown, MT
I've had a Tobe, Scott and Klim. The Klim has the most athletic fit and a stiffer fabric. The other 2 are a little baggier with a more flexible fabric, all have worked well. Haven't had a 509, but think if you're slightly rounder in the middle you would probably like the fit on a TOBE. The Scott was a very similar fit to the TOBE with a lesser waterproof rating and lesser price. Klim was in the middle on both. I found Tobe sizing quite generous, so make sure to try one one....I was a large and typically am an XL in everything else.
As I recall, Tobe accounts for armor in their sizing, which might explain the generous fit.

Premium Features