• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I wonder if BRP will come out with more incentives for snow checks

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
They are probably thinking i don't need another one and they are right. It was either snowmobile or retire when i get older. I'm thinking you know which way I went.

8emup

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Utah
Two brand new 2019's and and a 2017 Maverick Max and I'm not important to BRP apparently. I guess this makes it an easy decision!! My wife will be glad to see me pass on another new sled.

Carp

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I get regular E mails from BRP, Have an X3 too, no E mail for sled discount. If they were smart everyone would get one. I'm on the fence for a spring order, 500 would push me over.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
not complaining at all at the 500 discount but i wonder if 750 would have significantly pushed more people into spring ordering?

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
ordered my turbo freeride today before my dealer went on lockdown. also ordered a renegade xrs to rip on around home here a couple weeks ago.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
I'm in the market for a new sled. Doo should have gave the discount to everyone. No discount for me and I've bought 2 summits, a seadoo, and a defender in the last 5 years. I'm between a turbo from doo or a 165 Khaos from Polaris. After shopping around the Khaos out the door price is $4,500 Cd cheaper, has 4 year warranty, $1000 golden ticket from Polaris, bit better chassis for the terrain I ride, and is a 50 lbs lighter sled (Doo did some tricky marketing at first with the 2020.5 but it adds more weight then you think). I've demoed the turbo and it runs unreal, I would be happy to own one but the benefits of the turbo don't out way all the differences I listed vs the Khaos.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
I'm in the market for a new sled. Doo should have gave the discount to everyone. No discount for me and I've bought 2 summits, a seadoo, and a defender in the last 5 years. I'm between a turbo from doo or a 165 Khaos from Polaris. After shopping around the Khaos out the door price is $4,500 Cd cheaper, has 4 year warranty, $1000 golden ticket from Polaris, bit better chassis for the terrain I ride, and is a 50 lbs lighter sled (Doo did some tricky marketing at first with the 2020.5 but it adds more weight then you think). I've demoed the turbo and it runs unreal, I would be happy to own one but the benefits of the turbo don't out way all the differences I listed vs the Khaos.
Check with your dealer and or customer service, email is linked and not all dealers like giving a manufacture their email so all your purchases might not even be linked, also you are wrong at the 50 pounds, seems the weight difference gets bigger every year, not sure how. Price sleds equally, compare NA to NA and Turbo to Turbo, and above all buy what you feel is right for you, having fun is all that matters.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012

50 pounds? I look at it like this:

2021 Summit Expert Turbo = 468 pounds

2021 Khaos 165 = 420

That's 48 pounds. But wait.

First, you're comparing a Turbo to a non-turbo sled. Get the NA Doo 165 and it weighs 446, a 26 pound difference.

Next, the Polaris has an 11.5 gas tank versus the Doo's 9.5 = the Polaris will be 12 pounds heavier wet.

Last, the Doo has SHOT. Put electric start on the Polaris and it's another 20 pounds.

So, compare a Doo Turbo with gas vs. Poo Khaos w gas and electric start:

468 vs. 452 = Doo is 16 pounds heavier for a TURBO

Compare a NA Doo with gas to a Poo Khaos w gas and electric start:

446 vs. 452 = Doo is 6 pounds lighter.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Look at my previous post of what ive bought and I've never got one. Ive got emails and accessories catalogs every year so they know. I'm not going to dwell on it because I'm not getting one but it does piss you off when you bought 13 sleds over the years. 5 were gen 4s.

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
Maybe Norona could tell us how skidoo determined that some customers should be favored over others. I've spent over $50k since 2015 on new skidoos, including a 2020 and I didn't get one. I called my dealer and they confirmed I'm not on the list. Promotions can be a good thing, but a promotion that actually drives a for sure customer to a competitor seems poorly thought out.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Maybe Norona could tell us how skidoo determined that some customers should be favored over others. I've spent over $50k since 2015 on new skidoos, including a 2020 and I didn't get one. I called my dealer and they confirmed I'm not on the list. Promotions can be a good thing, but a promotion that actually drives a for sure customer to a competitor seems poorly thought out.

I thought he explained it in his last post. Check with your dealer or customer service.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
50 pounds? I look at it like this:

2021 Summit Expert Turbo = 468 pounds

2021 Khaos 165 = 420

That's 48 pounds. But wait.

First, you're comparing a Turbo to a non-turbo sled. Get the NA Doo 165 and it weighs 446, a 26 pound difference.

Next, the Polaris has an 11.5 gas tank versus the Doo's 9.5 = the Polaris will be 12 pounds heavier wet.

Last, the Doo has SHOT. Put electric start on the Polaris and it's another 20 pounds.

So, compare a Doo Turbo with gas vs. Poo Khaos w gas and electric start:

468 vs. 452 = Doo is 16 pounds heavier for a TURBO

Compare a NA Doo with gas to a Poo Khaos w gas and electric start:

446 vs. 452 = Doo is 6 pounds lighter.

Always different ways of looking at the numbers. My comparison is of the 2 sleds I'm interested in a doo turbo and a Khaos (I would never put electric start on it) not hypothetical build scenarios, leaving me at a 48 lbs dry weight difference. I'm not interested in a NA 850 as I currently own a 2018 165 850. I'm replacing my 2019 Alpha as it has been less than reliable for me but a really fun sled. I've owned all 3 brand over the last 3 seasons and feel a Khaos will be a fun ride for 2021, I give all brands a chance. It's great doo is offering a $500 discount but a bad move in my books that it is not extended to all potential snow check buyers.

Carp

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Unfortunate that SKI DOO owners feel betrayed by ski doo and just want a discount offered to others. Poor marketing for sure. Under the current situation preorders are probably not too high. My dealer said his are way down, too bad, maybe I Don’t need a new sled anyway. I’m not in the club I guess. Figure a customer on a 5 year old sled would be enticed to snow check, guess not. Norona is a great ambassador too bad someone dropped the ball. If there was another comparable option in quality it Would be nice, but there isn’t. Polaris sucks and Cats are cheap junk.
I bought the first X3 my dealer had, come to find out if I would have done the test drive i could have got a 1000 voucher Towards the purchase. I got the shaft then too. I asked after about it, so sorry! It stuck with me , Been 4 years about since I got the X3. Great machine, company not so much.

Last edited:

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I see it no other way, just offer it to everyone that wants to snow check . In our economy, your lucky to sell anything. And you sure don't want to send your loyal customers elsewhere.

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
I've got a friend who's checked a turbo. He didn't get a check, he's going to the dealer Monday and backing out. He's was pretty worked up when I talked to him.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
Doing a promotion like this that doesn’t include everyone probably does more harm than no promotion at all. Dumbest I have ever seen. Seems to be no rhyme or reason to who gets $500.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
What would make sense is to reward loyalty. $500 if you have bought one new Doo sled the past 10 years. $750 if you've bought 2 new Doos in the past 10 years. And $1000 if you've bought 3 or more new Doos.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
I've got a friend who's checked a turbo. He didn't get a check, he's going to the dealer Monday and backing out. He's was pretty worked up when I talked to him.
Yeah I told my dealer I was wavering on my check, mostly because of the future uncertainty, but the lack of "winning the diamond whatever"also kind of rubbed me wrong. My salesman said he'd try to get me a code, I told him three days ago, good luck with that. Haven't heard from him since.

Premium Features