• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I think its time

W

WesG

Nov 26, 2007
Chetwynd, BC
Elevations you guys are setting up for?

When you guys get a chance can you put your riding/testing elevations in. This helps us lurkers process the info. I am curious about a 3-6k feet setup 10-15 lbs boost with a dedicated WTA IC. Going on a pro-rmk. Any thoughts on that as far as turbo sizing? Thinking the 3071 with the 38mm external WG would be ideal??? How about WG location on the pipe? What works best? How about fitment how far can one move it around on the pipe and still be ok?

TY,
Wes

PS. this is a project for down the road just would like to start getting parts when available and hate buying **** twice.

Last edited:

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
nothing you can buy.. yet. custom tube chassis. buddy has the twin to mine with a dragon motor.

Those are some kick as s sleds you built. i enjoy the rare videos you throw out of those.

You still thinking about doing the one with the 900 AC motor in it?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
nothing you can buy.. yet. custom tube chassis. buddy has the twin to mine with a dragon motor.

I saw one a few years ago in Bozeman with a rotax, white tube frame, sittin on a superduty,

what I'm asking is what engine,

Also what are you guys running for fuel delivery.
Everything makes a difference.

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
I saw one a few years ago in Bozeman with a rotax, white tube frame, sittin on a superduty,

what I'm asking is what engine,

Also what are you guys running for fuel delivery.
Everything makes a difference.

wyo im pretty sure hes running a 700 rotax on this one. i cant remember if its on lpg or not. he changes his setup so much you never know for sure haha

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
yeah, i like to mess with stuff for sure!! you should see the shop at my house.. more projects going on then most can keep track of. lol.

WYO, the one you saw would have been three years ago, it was my buddies tube tunneled rev, that was the beginning of the madness! its now full tube 1 off design we have updated since last year. He is running a 800 dragon motor mine is a 700 rotax twin. both running just straight 91 premixed at 40:1. the turbo systems are designed to optimize power on low boost. and we have a lot of spacial control so our turbo kits our exactly how we want them, no compromise due to space etc, so thats a huge benefit and i think helps the big turbos shine!

05M7, I would still like to do a 900 cat motor but i just dont have the time or $$ to build an extra, the 700 on boost is a hoot. should be ~400 dry with a 162 and a turbo... and no light skid or whatnot. but i will start a build thread soon just to show some stuff off.

ANYWAYS... back to topic. lol

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
havent, should be soon though, my dads m7 i helped him with has a 2860, 2" charge tube and airbox the size of a pop can. I am doing full 3" mandrel setup for him so we shall see how it works out rather soon!

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
When you guys get a chance can you put your riding/testing elevations in. This helps us lurkers process the info. I am curious about a 3-6k feet setup 10-15 lbs boost with a dedicated WTA IC. Going on a pro-rmk. Any thoughts on that as far as turbo sizing? Thinking the 3071 with the 38mm external WG would be ideal??? How about WG location on the pipe? What works best? How about fitment how far can one move it around on the pipe and still be ok?

TY,
Wes

PS. this is a project for down the road just would like to start getting parts when available and hate buying **** twice.

Obviously lots of ways to skin a cat. I played with a 3071 .64 Tial on my 09 TM8 for two years. It was inspiring, super fast without having to make huge boost. In the middle of the season last year, I put on a 2871 .86 Tial. I ride above 7000ft up to an ocasional 11000. The 28 needs to make aprox 2-3 more psi to swing the same weights (88gram DD mags). The rest of my components are predominately OVS.

Both turbos are crazy responsive when playing in and out of the trottle at any speed. I felt the 2871 turbo had a slight advantage when doing deep powder or nasty attitude high load starts. During hill shooting or drag racing, the 30 definitely had the advantage.

Like mentioned above, it's more personal preference. Since it only takes about 20 minutes to switch from one to the other it would be cool to have one of each... :face-icon-small-ton

G
Apr 23, 2008
The difference is engine size from a 700 to a 1000 is moot. the 3076 is plenty big to make the 1000 a ripper.
a 1200 could be good with a 3082 but I wonder if the wheel inertia is the offsetting factor ?

r you guys addressing the exh outlet id on the cat 1000 cyl ? its much to tight for its open duration, on the 1200 I sent to norway we opened it and lowered total timing to get the thing on target.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
From what I'm getting everyone running the 30 is using a tail, do you think the results would change using the 28 vs 30 with a internal.

Pretty sure on a 800 you want a .64 ar on the 30 or a .82 ar on the 28, from what i have read the .64 on the 28 will squeak the motor, or does that change with the tail also.

Premium Features