I Rode REV4 Chassis for the first time, very confused...

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
Having both a Summit Expert 165 and an Axys Pro 155 in the fleet I switch back and forth between the two platforms. Both platforms work but they require different rider input to work well. That said, my preference is the Ski Doo Summit Expert 165 as I personally find it less tiring to ride and the weight difference is not really a factor when proper technique is used.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
I struggled with the G4 for the past 2 years coming from Cat. Now on a 165 Turbo and I think I just found the best combo so far to help with side hilling and washout. I added Zmotion rear link, Tmotion lockout, and SLP Mohawk skis with the new SLP rubbers made for the Expert and Turbos. Holy **** it was a night a day difference. No washout, side hilled in a straight line, and cut through old tracks like a razor blade with no bucking. The rubbers are super stiff, resisting ski lift or dive. Really a game changer as I was about to give up on the G4. Not now. Different machine.

I’m running the exact same setup but added the 1.25 ZRP lift spindles. Dialed now!

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I struggled with the G4 for the past 2 years coming from Cat. Now on a 165 Turbo and I think I just found the best combo so far to help with side hilling and washout. I added Zmotion rear link, Tmotion lockout, and SLP Mohawk skis with the new SLP rubbers made for the Expert and Turbos. Holy **** it was a night a day difference. No washout, side hilled in a straight line, and cut through old tracks like a razor blade with no bucking. The rubbers are super stiff, resisting ski lift or dive. Really a game changer as I was about to give up on the G4. Not now. Different machine.
Did the Mohawks increase steering effort significantly?

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Typo on my part, KMOD T-Motion Lock out. OEM Skid.
Pretty sure that K-Mod doesn't make a T-Mo lockout for a stock skid. I have talked to multiple people who don't like how heavy the front of a Turbo Doo feels, but mostly when coming down from a wheelie, they hit hard. Sounds like you rode a sled that was screwed up in the skid or ski shocks.
ALTHOUGH: This is true. My 165 Expert this year is VERY different than my last year's 165 sled. It does feel very front end heavy this year compared to last. They changed something in the suspension, it handles completely different, with the same suspension settings. It does take more effort, but it handles better. Doo likes to change stuff around and not mention it. (I found out today that an Expert Freeride has a bigger rear axle bolt than an Expert Summit.)

Premium Features