• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I cant get my clutch off!

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
The boiling water is a one shot deal and only works on a cold crank. Once you heat the clutch and the PTO shaft the interference fit and tension are back as everything has expanded. So you do have to be quick. Just to humor myself I want to try the water trick next time.
On a similar note, has anyone else had a hell of a time separating the primary sheaves to service/modify the clutch? Seems that the first time is brutal, but after that they come apart easier...

T
Dec 13, 2007
Truckee, CA
Use the water trick, Tip your sled slightly on its exhaust side pour some water in the hole where your clutchbolt was put teflon tape on the threads of your clutch bolt or your puller bolt thread it in and tighten it with a wrench or rachet the water will create a hydraulic effect and your primary will pop right off but you must teflon the threads or it will not work. The bang will make you flinch if it's on there tight :fear:. But it works every time

Put on plenty of tape and....pop! this works every time! Super easy once you do it a couple of times.

H

Hiterhard

Oct 13, 2008
Northern WY
all I've ever done is put a little grease on the tip of the puller, never had a problem getting mine off. good luck

Premium Features