• I am getting worn out moving your "For sale" threads, including loosely veiled sales pitches for "How much is it worth) or Wanted to buy to the swapmeet.

I will no longer be moving them for you as I have been in the past.

Some days are 20 per day.

If I see it, it will get deleted.

I try to help you...please try to help me.

Thanks.
  • I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

How to tell if oiler has been previously adjusted?

Big10inch

Mar 11, 2018
Ride it and track oil consumption, determine ratio, compare, adjust if necessary.

dttrusko

Nov 2, 2010
Trimountain, MI
Inspection mirror and a flashlight go between the clutches.

Look at the oil pump lever arm. There is a scribe on the case and a notch on the lever arm. At idle, the factory position is set so the scribe lines up with the case. If it is a bit rich, the notch will be above the scribe.

To richen it up, undo jam not on top of the lever arm and adjust the screw with an allen wrench to lift the arm up.

Flying Dutchman

Dec 14, 2007
Red Deer
^^ like this^^.........the notch and scribe mark should line up for stock setting. .. the pump is in a tight spot, so removing the exhaust can will give you a perfect view. Don't have a pic, but if you move the throttle lever, the oil pump arm will move, and you'll see exactly what the notch and scribe mark means.

Reg2view

Feb 1, 2010
Do a search in the pro-ride section - there are pictures of the stock and turned-up oiler setting and the service manual, and detailed instructions on exactly how to do it. Threads are 2012, 13, 14ish.