• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HOW to mount a Pelican Case for Phantom 4 Drone ??

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
OK
Anyone have any insight on HOW to mount a Pelican Case to your tunnel?

http://www.phantom-four.com/review-dji-phantom-4-case-by-pelican-also-fits-phantom-3/

91TJdB9TyUL._SL1500_.jpg

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Your going to love me for this but.......

We have this search feature here on Snowest and this entire "Ski-Doo" Section......

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=353860&highlight=linq

Sorry buddy I had too. :face-icon-small-win On a serious note if you search "Linq" there are a bunch of threads about different ways to mount things into your Linq system which is what you want to do I bet.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Your going to love me for this but.......

We have this search feature here on Snowest and this entire "Ski-Doo" Section......

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=353860&highlight=linq

Sorry buddy I had too. :face-icon-small-win On a serious note if you search "Linq" there are a bunch of threads about different ways to mount things into your Linq system which is what you want to do I bet.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
When the freaking Site Admin can't even find a thread you KNOW the search engine SUCKS!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I have found the best searching here is still done if you go into the specific forum. i.e. "Ski-Doo XM" and use the search this forum box. I seem to get much better results.
Truth.
But it REALLY burns me that there is NO good after market module we can buy built just for SEARCHING this massive database we have created.

Its an inherent fault/shortcoming in the vBulliten code base.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
My buddy and I both did them on our Axys' this year. I used an IM2600 and mounted it length wise. Used 4 countersunk bolts to mount the case to a set of rails from craiggerbuilt and then mounted the rails to the tunnel t-slots with carriage bolts.

Buddy used the IM2450 case with Mountain Addiction rails and just used longer bolts through the rail mount holes and up through the case, with large flat washers and a lock nut inside. I like this design better as it cant be taken off of the tunnel if you lock the case. Mine could be taken (though I like to think sledders are better than that) but if you have your sled locked up at night it wont be an issue.

Ill post a picture of mine, and try to get one of his later. Not sure what there will be available for the G4 for rails beings the coolers have changed.

image.jpg

skicopper

Premium Member
Apr 10, 2014
I was weary of placing my phantom on the tunnel where it would constantly be bouncing up and down. So I went with the backpack carrier. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RanOutofTalent

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2014
Western Montana
My buddy and I both did them on our Axys' this year. I used an IM2600 and mounted it length wise. Used 4 countersunk bolts to mount the case to a set of rails from craiggerbuilt and then mounted the rails to the tunnel t-slots with carriage bolts.

Buddy used the IM2450 case with Mountain Addiction rails and just used longer bolts through the rail mount holes and up through the case, with large flat washers and a lock nut inside. I like this design better as it cant be taken off of the tunnel if you lock the case. Mine could be taken (though I like to think sledders are better than that) but if you have your sled locked up at night it wont be an issue.

Ill post a picture of mine, and try to get one of his later. Not sure what there will be available for the G4 for rails beings the coolers have changed.

View attachment 275836

Did mine in much the same way but made my own rails out some some aluminum. Then made sure to use all stainless bolts and large washers. Turned out great .

https://www.snowest.com/forum/forum.vb/picture.php?
albumid=3617&pictureid=34870

picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Did mine in much the same way but made my own rails out some some aluminum. Then made sure to use all stainless bolts and large washers. Turned out great .

https://www.snowest.com/forum/forum.vb/picture.php?
albumid=3617&pictureid=34870
How did the drone do over the course of a season of bouncing and vibration?

Dunatic

MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2003
Plain City, Utah
How did the drone do over the course of a season of bouncing and vibration?

I thought about mounting a Pelican case to my tunnel for years, but just the thought of thousands of dollars worth of camera gear bouncing up and down on the tunnel all season long made me cringe! Ryan from RLT Photography ran one all last year and said he never had any isssues.... still, I don't like the idea. I'll keep it on my back.

Premium Features