• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to fog a 08 700 Dragon?

T
Oct 10, 2001
Spokane WA
Turn key to the off position, pull out spark plugs, pull rope over slow while spraying oil in the cylinder and then do the same to the other cylinder, put spark plugs back in. Taaa-daaa DONE! I also put a 2X4 under the track to keep it off the ground. ;)

K

kevsled59

Dec 13, 2007
fogging 08 700

I would read the manual, It says to put stabilizer in the gas tank. It also tells you to start the engine and spray fogging oil into the airbox until the sled kills.
I do have dragon with EFI. There may be different instructions for a carbed motor.

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Just pulling the plugs and fogging will not coat the bottom end of the engine like fogging the engine through the intake with the engine running will. I personally like the idea of the crank bearings getting coated with oil. Another method is not to fog at all, but start the engine once a month so everything gets coated with oil again. If you go with this method make sure to let the engine reach operating temperature so the condensation gets burned out of it. Either way, make sure and stabilize the fuel so no varnish forms.

E
Jan 18, 2008
St. Paul, AB
Unless you want to pull your throttles off and clean them in the fall i would unhook the throttle cable going to the throttle bodies and hold the throttle wide open for a couple of minutes until it starts to really smoke since you have the oil pump held wide open.

A
Dec 6, 2008
Last year I just opened the hood on my 08 RMK 700 and sprayed fogging oil in the top of the air box while engine was running until it died, pulled the rope a couple of times until engine started and then repeated again for good measure. I had never done fogging when summerizing a sled until last year but it makes sense to prevent internal corrosion especially when running synthetic 2-stroke oils. I don't know for sure but I have heard that the synthetics don't protect from corrosion like the older mineral based 2-stroke oils do. I will say that as soon as I completed fogging I was worried that the fogging oil could hurt the CFI's operation. When fall came around it started up and worked good all season with no problems. There is an air sensor above the upper shelf in the air box on the PTO side that I would try to keep fogging oil away from.

Premium Features