• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to clean aluminum on trailers?????

R
Jan 2, 2008
Is there a product you can buy to get the oxidation off of aluminum?? I have a aluminum horse trailer and a aluminum sled bed trailer. I know you can take them and get them acid washed but was wondering what other options there were? thanks...

Acid washing is the best thing I've heard of. There are some other methods but they require lots of elbo grease and they dont seem to do as good of a job acid washing. I have some acid wash that we bought from Featherlite and it works awsome. You just have to do a little bit at at time and work with small areas like 4' x 4' and use lots of water. There are simple instructions and you can get a bunch of washes out of a jug of it. You can probably do it in your driveway if you want to. I'm sure I could ship you some if you want to try it yourself.

My phone number is 307-235-6685, my name is Olie.

Hope that helps.

SixtySevenGT

Premium Member
Mar 25, 2008
Middleton, Idaho
Tool Box / Coated

I have a nice Weathergaurd toolbox in my CrewCab bed. It has a spot about 3 inches in dia where apparently the coating came off. the rest is very shiney.

Is this a coating , how do I fix it ?

N

notboosted

Dec 19, 2007
Acid wash

I just bought 1 gal of acid from CARQEST auto parts. Used on my alu wheels. worked great.

Snorider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
acid wash is the only way if you need to do a bunch.

I do stock trailers, wheels, our semi's, and horse trailers with it. except i come back with a buffer and sealant makes it look good and last a long time with out having to come back and do it again.

Snorider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
I have a nice Weathergaurd toolbox in my CrewCab bed. It has a spot about 3 inches in dia where apparently the coating came off. the rest is very shiney.

Is this a coating , how do I fix it ?

it should be clear coated. not quite sure how you would fix it, since if i have anything coated like that i strip it down and go from there with stuff like that.

W

W.W.S.D

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sep 19, 2009
wa
acid wash is the only way. i got 5 gals at the local kenworth shop for $80 and nampa wanted $30 for a gallon. i use a weed sprayer with water and acid mix then spray it on just dont start at the top or you will get bad streaks that wont come out unless you mix a stronger batch. once washed polishing is easier.

Premium Features