• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How much power does the 2020 Arctic cat Alpha make?? SEE HERE!

J
Mar 8, 2019
@Big10inch I’m not sure where you ride but I’m from Utah and I’d say only 50% of my riding is wot. When your in the trees it’s just not possible to hold it wide open for any period of time. I welcome more midrange the question is will we notice that add hp that the Dyno sees in real world situations.

A
Dec 23, 2018
I just sold 2 2010 M8's that I have had for 6-7 years. I have ridden them back to back many times with 16,17,19 Cat Mtn sleds. Best one is my 17 MC IMO...

If your sled is running WOT and only turning 5000 rpm ie: midrange you have a clutching problem. You are failing to understand the CVT. When you pin the throttle, thee rpm should jump to near max immediately. It never pulls hard at low rpm, the clutches wont allow it. All that really matters in a sled is max hp and keeping it clutched so it runs there when you demand the power.
So the lack of power on the bottom end of a turbo sled causing lag shouldn't exist by your analogy, gotcha. Bottom end and mid rang contribute nothing toward the system response of our sleds fellas, nothing at all. Turbo lag and NA throttle response is all in our heads as well. Simply a construct of society. Might as well knock those power valves out as well as they are apparently just useless weight.

A
Dec 23, 2018
@Big10inch I’m not sure where you ride but I’m from Utah and I’d say only 50% of my riding is wot. When your in the trees it’s just not possible to hold it wide open for any period of time. I welcome more midrange the question is will we notice that add hp that the Dyno sees in real world situations.
Exactly. I'm around Sicamous BC myself. Most tree adventures are mid to mid high RPM range. And not necessarily on and off throttle like a mad man. Ive found with the improvement in mid range power etc. in modern sleds I can hold much more consistent rpm's when needed.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Anyone know what compression ratio is for the 20 and the 19?
Deck clearance is about .025
Head squish is .040
So .065 total is what I measured today. I didn’t do a proper squish test cuz I had it apart already. 2019 engine.

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
C’mon you two clowns. Start your thread if you wanna debate powervalves. Now beat it.

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
This is Joey@Bmp’s thread about the 2020 on the dyno. You Richard heads are hijacking the thread once again. Stay on topic and shove the power valve topic up yer hoops. Better yet, start yer own power valve thread ffs. I waste a click every time there is a new post but its just you buttclowns hijacking a thread. The dog has barked. Now go lay down! Haha

Last edited:

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
^you mad that your compression/speedwerx whatever it was post out of left field didn't last bro?
power valves bitch! :cool:

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
No not mad beeeeyotch! Haha. That was an answer to a good question, not a bunch of dummies talking about fookin power valves on a sponsors dyno thread. Speaking of being a Richard head hijacking a thread, I just checked the squish on a 2020 Alpha Cat and it was .080”. This seems like a lot. Thread hijackers, power valve weenies please comment.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
oh, I see it now. I was like WTF did this 14/1 schmeedwerx stuff coming from... LOL
lets keep it on topic alright kdog, power valves! bizatch! !

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
You guys crack me up, you need to think about this, not just react... FACT, the dyno numbers are taken at WOT. At less than WOT in the midrange you are not making those numbers and all the similarly sized motors make about the same midrange power. So if you are just burping it along you are not anywhere near utilizing any improvement in midrange, you CAN'T unless you can get your sled to hold low rpm at WOT like they do on the dyno. As soon as you go WOT and start making the power shown on the dyno graph, you are out of the midrange and running in the peak power section AS DESIGNED. More midrange, way to make up some BS trying to make yourselves look smart... Fact is you can not run your sled WOT in the midrange so you NEVER realize those gains. It is just part of the power curve you can not utilize on a sled.

F
Aug 18, 2013
You guys crack me up, you need to think about this, not just react... FACT, the dyno numbers are taken at WOT. At less than WOT in the midrange you are not making those numbers and all the similarly sized motors make about the same midrange power. So if you are just burping it along you are not anywhere near utilizing any improvement in midrange, you CAN'T unless you can get your sled to hold low rpm at WOT like they do on the dyno. As soon as you go WOT and start making the power shown on the dyno graph, you are out of the midrange and running in the peak power section AS DESIGNED. More midrange, way to make up some BS trying to make yourselves look smart... Fact is you can not run your sled WOT in the midrange so you NEVER realize those gains. It is just part of the power curve you can not utilize on a sled.

LOL are you ever dumb. The engine has to spool through the mid range to get to WOT. The more mid range power you have the quicker it will spool to WOT.

LOL you probably think four cycle engines have more torque than two cycle engines too?

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
LOL are you ever dumb. The engine has to spool through the mid range to get to WOT. The more mid range power you have the quicker it will spool to WOT.

LOL you probably think four cycle engines have more torque than two cycle engines too?

Must be something wrong with your sled... I know the second I pin the throttle there is 7000+ rpm showing. CVT's on sleds will not allow the motor to pull from low rpm, not designed that way. Sleds are designed to reach peak rpm when you demand the power. The do not pull through an rpm range under load unless on a dyno. It's like you have never ridden a sled before...

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
You are dumb thread hijacker. You guys need to leave Joey@Bmp threads alone. He is helping us all with 2020 Alpha Cat info. Poor Joey.

Premium Features