• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How much power does the 2020 Arctic cat Alpha make?? SEE HERE!

joey@bmp

Premium Member
Nov 20, 2010
Oak Park Heights, MN
www.facebook.com
Updated cooler temps-
Stock HP-

Bikeman Flash Stock Machine-

2020 Alpha videos will be.
1. Horsepower while in break in 2 (first 5.7 hrs)
2. Stock Horsepower out of break in mode ***1st vid ***
3. Hp stock with Bikeman Torque Link flash ***2nd video ***
4. Hp Bikeman Stage 1 with Torque Link Flash
5. Hp Bikeman Stage 2 with Torque Link Flash

Last edited:

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Peak power may be similar, but the midrange looks like a consistent 10ish hp gain. I heard a rumor that cat didn't get the opportunity to update the exhaust for 2020 to match the engine updates, I'm wondering if there's more left on the table there compared to the 2019.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I just went to your website looking for the pipe(found), Y-pipe(found) and Torque Link reflash(not found). What is the cost of those 3 items together. What clutch set up is recommended?

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Have you guys dyno'd a re-flashed 18-19 ctec2 on a silber or precision efi tune or anybody's tune? Not sure if you guys offer a re-flash but would love to see some results...? Would be interesting to see if it brings it up to snuff with the 2020, people claim to find a difference In overall power of the sled but I've yet seen a dyno sheet.

Last edited:

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
It’s been 10 years and we are still trying to get back to the HP of the 2010 M8. For the next revision, after this 2020 update, they may as well go bigger displacement. I own both, my 18 early release with the original mapping runs very well, and I’ve been happy with it, but If people want a legit 168+ HP we are going to need a bigger motor, that’s just reality.

Attachments

• 3B427DD6-9999-4E35-B2F3-5D75B6968337.jpeg
    3B427DD6-9999-4E35-B2F3-5D75B6968337.jpeg
    269.5 KB · Views: 182

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Would be nice to see a hot pipe run over 30 seconds, not sure who runs there sled on a cold pipe for 2 seconds

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
2020 800 ctec Is 155 hp on dynotechs dyno with a broke in Ecu. So it makes the same peak hp as a 2019 but has more hp and torque in the midrange than a 2019.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
I want to know how you guys take advantage of improved midrange power? Seems like an utterly worthless discussion given the way a 2 stroke works with a CVT. The second I pin the flipper the clutches allow the rpm to rise well above midrange. If you are on the throttle on your sled, it is never running in the midrange, ever. The only time you have those better midrange numbers is at full throttle, at which point the clutches will give you full rpm so you can't ride on those numbers because that isn't how the system functions. It is different than your car or truck where the gear ratio is fixed and the engine pulls through the rpm range. On your sled the clutches give you full engine power and the clutches pull against the engine, you never pull at low or mid rpm unless you are on part throttle.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
more midrange = less pinned. efficiency goes up. CVT is not always cleaned and tuned to a T also for those everyday riders, so broader power is a bonus. plus its more fun.

A
Dec 23, 2018
I want to know how you guys take advantage of improved midrange power? Seems like an utterly worthless discussion given the way a 2 stroke works with a CVT. The second I pin the flipper the clutches allow the rpm to rise well above midrange. If you are on the throttle on your sled, it is never running in the midrange, ever. The only time you have those better midrange numbers is at full throttle, at which point the clutches will give you full rpm so you can't ride on those numbers because that isn't how the system functions. It is different than your car or truck where the gear ratio is fixed and the engine pulls through the rpm range. On your sled the clutches give you full engine power and the clutches pull against the engine, you never pull at low or mid rpm unless you are on part throttle.
If you get a chance to throw a leg over an older M8/8000 with a Suzuki 800 you will feel in real time how midrange power affects a sleds overall performance. I get what you are trying to lay out in your post but it just isn't the case in practice.

T
Dec 20, 2018
The truth is even tho you think its instantly goin to 8200rpm it has to go by midrange before and your sled is rollingso the belt is transferring power... bam...thats where you feel it ...throttle input is better with more midrange.... unless all youre doin is oval races you want more midrange...you could also remove the powervalve they are prolly there for no reasons....since all they give is midrange....

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
If you get a chance to throw a leg over an older M8/8000 with a Suzuki 800 you will feel in real time how midrange power affects a sleds overall performance. I get what you are trying to lay out in your post but it just isn't the case in practice.

I just sold 2 2010 M8's that I have had for 6-7 years. I have ridden them back to back many times with 16,17,19 Cat Mtn sleds. Best one is my 17 MC IMO...

If your sled is running WOT and only turning 5000 rpm ie: midrange you have a clutching problem. You are failing to understand the CVT. When you pin the throttle, thee rpm should jump to near max immediately. It never pulls hard at low rpm, the clutches wont allow it. All that really matters in a sled is max hp and keeping it clutched so it runs there when you demand the power.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Speedwerx told me about 14-1 yesterday. I’m not sure if I believe it but if anyone would know, it would be them. I went ahead and cut .010 off anyway. Haha

thump426er

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
West Koots
Wow, I’d have a hard time thinking it could run on 91 with that.
Speedwerx told me about 14-1 yesterday. I’m not sure if I believe it but if anyone would know, it would be them. I went ahead and cut .010 off anyway. Haha

T
Dec 20, 2018
I just sold 2 2010 M8's that I have had for 6-7 years. I have ridden them back to back many times with 16,17,19 Cat Mtn sleds. Best one is my 17 MC IMO...

If your sled is running WOT and only turning 5000 rpm ie: midrange you have a clutching problem. You are failing to understand the CVT. When you pin the throttle, thee rpm should jump to near max immediately. It never pulls hard at low rpm, the clutches wont allow it. All that really matters in a sled is max hp and keeping it clutched so it runs there when you demand the power.
Please tell me why we get powervalves then if they arent necessary ?

Premium Features