• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How much less flickable is the 850?

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
For those who had the opportunity to ride the 850 I was curious as to how much less flickable it is than the Axys. The big selling point of the Axys was how easy it is to ride. With more mass in the motor, longer stroke, physics dictates it is going to be more difficult to throw around. Did they go ultra narrow in an effort to equal the feel? I was pulling some extremely technical narrow steep chutes on my Axys yesterday while sitting in the seat. Will I be able to do the same on an 850 or will I have to ride it like my 2014 Pro?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
You will NOT be disappointed.
Put it this way, after riding it, I couldn't believe I had to go back to my Pro with 37" stance (offset spindles).

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
What is more noticeable is the power band. The 800 v.s. the 850 is much different. The 800 revs very fast and is more "jumpy" in the first 20 ft. After that the 850 leaves it behind. Sometimes this is good e.g. when you want to pop the front up. The 850 does this by torque instead of a hard hit. This makes the 850 feel more controllable in my opinion. The mass of the 850 motor does not feel bad and is offset by the narrow chassis.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
For those who had the opportunity to ride the 850 I was curious as to how much less flickable it is than the Axys. The big selling point of the Axys was how easy it is to ride. With more mass in the motor, longer stroke, physics dictates it is going to be more difficult to throw around. Did they go ultra narrow in an effort to equal the feel? I was pulling some extremely technical narrow steep chutes on my Axys yesterday while sitting in the seat. Will I be able to do the same on an 850 or will I have to ride it like my 2014 Pro?
Easier to ride than the 800, I'm sure due entirely to the react front end.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
It sounds as though the uphill and through the trees feel won't be much different based on most riders experience, but how about the high speed nearly out of control choppy downhills at only 37" wide. We ride some of the most technical, nasty, steep terrain in the lower 48 and the snow is typically hard as a brick in NE Nevada. When dropping a high speed trenched out chute I am not nearly as comfortable on my 38.5" wide Axys as I was on my 39.5" Pro, I am worried a 37" wide 850 might be a high anxiety nightmare.

Over budget

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 13, 2019
Centerville utah
It sounds as though the uphill and through the trees feel won't be much different based on most riders experience, but how about the high speed nearly out of control choppy downhills at only 37" wide. We ride some of the most technical, nasty, steep terrain in the lower 48 and the snow is typically hard as a brick in NE Nevada. When dropping a high speed trenched out chute I am not nearly as comfortable on my 38.5" wide Axys as I was on my 39.5" Pro, I am worried a 37" wide 850 might be a high anxiety nightmare.
It’s a trade off the pro is more stable At speed but the Axis is easer too ride every where but definitely is sketchy hard beat up snow

Premium Features