• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How many pulls to start when cold?

heliwrench

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2015
How many pulls does your 850 take to start when it is cold? My 17 seems like it usually takes 3 sometimes 4 pulls to start. It will start and run for a second on the 2nd and 3rd pull but then dies. Starts first pull when its warm. I took it into the dealer to look into it but they claim it is normal. Seems like most other etecs I've seen only take 1 pull to start when cold.

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
If it's really cold, I'll roll it over once slow then give it a good pull and it's going. Like Terry said, it only ever takes 2 pull if I'm lazy on the first one.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Side note
Make sure the intake boot is snugged back up after removing the hood . I first thought it was the plugs that I so patiently paid attention to clocking on the 600R . It wasn't so much the starting in sub zero weather that caught my attention but the idle .

Easily over looked or intentionally left loose .

was1

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
One and a half. Half a tug to just loosen it up a bit and the next one give it a full pull and fires every time!

heliwrench

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2015
Haven't tried plugs yet, but I have some coming and will try that and see what happens.

Premium Features