• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How many mountain riders out there living in the flatlands of Ont??

M
Dec 18, 2002
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Just wondering how many mountian sled enthusiasts there are checking into this forum from Ontario.

Where ya from?

I ride my 03 MtnCat in Ontario and have a 06 Summit in Calgary for trips out west (3 or 4 times a yr.).

Gros Chien

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Qc,Can. & Whistler in the winter
Hi, actually I'm from Qc. and have a similar set-up. Sleds in Qc and BC. I have to fly in Vancouver once a month for work so I stay a couple extra days in BC for my mountain ridin and wow! this year early season is great home too in Qc. :beer;

E
I ride Revy and Sicimous a couple times every season. Have a modded GadeX 860 stretched to 144" that I ride in Ontario. I live just west of Kitchener, do as much off-trail riding as I can in the south and usually make the trek to the Abitibi Canyon a couple of times each season as well. My inlaws just moved from Calgary to Ontario this past summer, but my brother-inlaw has a summer home in Sicimous, so I get there at least once every winter. He is riding a new XP800SummitX 154 and I have a 07 XRS 800R 151 that I have 50% shares in with his wife. Love the steep and deep!

M
Dec 18, 2002
Ottawa, ON, Canada
very cool.

I'm heading to Golden then Sicamous tomorrow for my second trip West this yr.

Just hope Ontario gets a good cold spell while I'm gone. Things are looking good for us x-canada sledders this year. Just need a bit of cold East to firm up our base now ....and another foot or two of fresh after that.

Cheers!!

L
Sep 25, 2002
Sudbury, On
I'm in Sudbury, I ride pretty much all over On though.

Made my first trek out to BC with a few buddies last year. We stayed in Kelowna for 4 days in March for the CCSO AGM. We rode Boulder in Revy the first day then Owl's Head and Queest after that. Gusto and Kevin (used to be called Deep, not sure what his new handle is) showed us around for a day. Those guys were great peeps and a blast to ride with, it was cool to be with someone who knew the area. I met a ton of other guys off here too.

This year we're heading out to Deer Lake Nfd to ride with some friends there in march, then flying to my buddy's place in Calgary in april. From there we'll day trip to Golden, Valemount, Revy, Fernie.. or anywhere else thats cool.:)

But for now, i'm off to Huntsville this weekend, might check out the Forest.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
Prolly see some of you on other Ontario sites?

I live in Ohio but doo most of my riding in N Ont. Used to git around a lot, but the last number of yrs we have settled in the Soo/Wawa area the most. Gunna prolly break out of that routine this yr.

Never been to the Can Rockies, but have been to Cooke, N & S Horns, Yellerstone, Snowies, Vail, and Pitkin & Summitville, Co. May not git west this yr - but average aboot a trip/yr.

A
Nov 21, 2007
I'm down in Picton, get to Revy every couple of years to ride with friends out there. I also introduced my sons to the mountains on the last trip. They are hooked as well. One lives in Leduc now, just picked up a sled, and we are all heading out in Feb to do it again. Don't ride here anymore, snow sucks the last 15 years, and trails aren't my thing. When I rode here I was always busting drifts along the fence bottoms. Revy is almost that good.:)

P
Nov 28, 2007
Just moved to Ontario this past summer and bought a new 800XP gade for ridding here and have a 06 1000RT 162 that I leave in Hinton alberta for those mountain trips.

I have been out to Revy in November for 4 days and heading to Vailmont/mcbride and Blue River in two weeks.

The crazy thing is that it is almost cheaper for me to fly out and go ridding as it was to drive to the hills.

If any of you Ontario guys want to show a "new Guy" the good places to ride let me know.

M
Dec 18, 2002
Ottawa, ON, Canada
If any of you Ontario guys want to show a "new Guy" the good places to ride let me know.

Where in Ontario are u?

Just got back from an awesome trip to Sicamous. I think this was the best powder Ive ever been in. 3 to 4 feet of fresh on solid base. More fresh in places. Stuck-fest. Just too bad I ended up blowing my motor in the 06 Doo. Oh well.

Interestingly, met a couple of dudes on the hill who had driven up from Ontario. Said they were planning on staying for a month. Had a couple of new mountain sleds they brang with them. I think they were having a bit of trouble with all the new snow. Ended up following our group for part of the day. Nice guys. Small world.

Gros Chien

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Qc,Can. & Whistler in the winter
Where in Ontario are u?

Just got back from an awesome trip to Sicamous. I think this was the best powder Ive ever been in. 3 to 4 feet of fresh on solid base. More fresh in places. Stuck-fest. Just too bad I ended up blowing my motor in the 06 Doo. Oh well.

Interestingly, met a couple of dudes on the hill who had driven up from Ontario. Said they were planning on staying for a month. Had a couple of new mountain sleds they brang with them. I think they were having a bit of trouble with all the new snow. Ended up following our group for part of the day. Nice guys. Small world.

Hey Mr. Weed, you wouldn't be Felix??????

P
Nov 28, 2007
Where in Ontario are u?

I live in Burlington. When I was in revy a couple months ago we ran into two guy who drove from New Brunswick. Last year in Valemount we ran into a group of 10 guys all from Quebec who drove out...WOW and I thought I was hardcore!!

M
Dec 18, 2002
Ottawa, ON, Canada
I live in Burlington. When I was in revy a couple months ago we ran into two guy who drove from New Brunswick. Last year in Valemount we ran into a group of 10 guys all from Quebec who drove out...WOW and I thought I was hardcore!!

Drove out last year and hit Southern AB, Castlegar, and Golden. (40 hours to calgary, and another 8 to Castlegar and then home via Golden, BC)

Lot of hours on the road but a real cool road trip in itself. Went third week in March and thru the US so the roads were not that bad (although followed a huge storm on the way home with lots of carnage). The x-canada route is an awesome trip also but u do need to keep an eye on the weather.

P
Feb 7, 2008
Timmins, Ontario
Timmins, ON here. Ride trails to get to the unridden everywhere. Just finished modding my RMK 700 to run an Attak 162". First test run, Abitibi Canyon. Had a blast. About 40 sleds went in and 40 came out. Really odd day. Can't wait to get her out west.

A
Mar 26, 2008
Montreal Quebec.
any of you guys ever go to mont valin...meet guys from Ontario there sometimes... its got tons of snow.. some friends of mine just got back... they said that they were ridding in over a foot of fresh powder.... ( thats deep here. ) ...ile bizzard .. Quebec..yam mountain 162

R
Apr 8, 2008
Ajax, ON. Went to Revy and Golden a few times when I lived in Sylvan Lake, AB. Trying to pick and choose hills and powder to ride around here but its hard getting anything thats a challenge in depth, incline and distance. Finally screwed up the courage and tried studding my track, works great.

L
Sep 25, 2002
Sudbury, On
Ajax, ON. Went to Revy and Golden a few times when I lived in Sylvan Lake, AB. Trying to pick and choose hills and powder to ride around here but its hard getting anything thats a challenge in depth, incline and distance. Finally screwed up the courage and tried studding my track, works great.

lol... Unfortunately, studs are almost a must out here. We still have tons of ice here, but the snow is starting to suck.

I'm flying out tomorrow morning for a week in Valemount/McBride/Revy. Should be a good time. :D

Premium Features