• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How is warranty working out on Ski-doo sleds ?

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
For the past several years warranty has been great. As in no need, for going to the shop for warranty. Hope the trend keeps going.

Zero motor issues on any of my 850 Summits, since the first year 850. No hard part issues, no starting issues etc.

17, 18 MY hard on belts.
19 MY one belt in 900 ish miles.
20, 21 zero belts in 900 ish miles.

No broken clutches, no fouled plugs, just add gas , oil and rip it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
Only thing that's gone wrong with my 2020 is I broke secondary rollers. They weren't covered under warranty, apparently they are classified as normal wear and tear items.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Nothing for me other than little update stuff and I had a decal warrantied last year, it was peeling from the factory.

Devious Sledder

Lifetime Membership
Sep 4, 2016
2020.5 turbo only had to have the oil pump replaced due to cracking. No other issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
Dealer told me last season and anecdotal experience has confirmed that the recent model year G4s ('19s and '20s not sure about '18s) are having a relatively higher incidence of secondary roller failures. If you're the wrenching kind, I would replace them before 1,000 miles. Preferably with the high torque version, but that's a personal preference. No personal data to prove they are truly more durable. Failure in the field can be a real bitch. Worst case, you can swap out an entire secondary to ride it out, but that's not a great solution if you're on a trip.

Premium Features