• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HOW DO YOU KEEP SNOW DUST OFF YOUR SEAT?

TreewellDweller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
McCall, Idaho
Just wondering what folks are using to keep the snow dust off your seat and your backside. Trying to figure a way to slow down the soggy butt issue which in turn would help with the wet butt/cold butt issue.
Can’t seem to find anything in the forum that discusses that. Thanks

S
Nov 14, 2020
Can't tell if your trolling or not. But I'll bite.

Get better riding gear.

Never really bothered with keeping snow of the seat, and never had issues getting wet.

I run a klim one piece bib.

E
Dec 19, 2007
To keep the snow dust off your seat you need to find riding areas with less powder ,warmer temperatures and wetter snow. All of which detracts from the fun factor of the sport. I've tried all kinds of custom mud flaps and tunnel covers but when it's fluffy it comes off the front ski and is even still airborne from the guy in front of you and your body creates a vacuum behind your head so you get snow drifts on your backpack and the back of the seat. Not much you can do about that in the fluffy snow. I even tried a windshield and I got a snow drift in my lap.

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
Also you can wear some waterproof shorts under your bibs. The waterproof gear only stays waterproof so long.

E
Dec 19, 2007
I tried the waterproof shorts and I was more wet from sweat than I ever was from the snow. I think it was a wet suit tight material like the surfers wear

Premium Features