• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Horrendous problems with 14' m8000

J
Dec 17, 2020
Hello all. Purchased a 14' m8 last year. It had a problem of blowing the 7.5 amp fuse and going into limp mode. Took it to a shop and they said it needed a stator, ECU, wiring harness, and voltage regulator. Installed all of that and it ran fine for a couple rides. Couple days ago was out in deep snow came out on and was on the trail going a decent pace straight and level and it quit and wouldn't start at all towed home. Have it in my garage with no spark and unsure what to do. Strongly considering parting out

Just tried unplugging TSS didn't change anything. Tried starting with hood connected and disconnected no luck

Any help would be appreciated

G
Oct 15, 2009
Sutherlin OR
What stator did you get? I bought a aftermarket one last year it was junk! Chased my tail three times around the block finally tested the RM stator it was worse then the one I replaced. they have not returned emails or phone calls about there junk product so I sent it of to get them both repaired!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Hello all. Purchased a 14' m8 last year. It had a problem of blowing the 7.5 amp fuse and going into limp mode. Took it to a shop and they said it needed a stator, ECU, wiring harness, and voltage regulator. Installed all of that and it ran fine for a couple rides. Couple days ago was out in deep snow came out on and was on the trail going a decent pace straight and level and it quit and wouldn't start at all towed home. Have it in my garage with no spark and unsure what to do. Strongly considering parting out

Just tried unplugging TSS didn't change anything. Tried starting with hood connected and disconnected no luck

Any help would be appreciated
Put it on a stand or elevate the track so it cant move, then start with unpluging the ignition switch, kill switch, tether if you have one, basically anything that will shut it down. The hood needs to be plugged in on that one I believe. If you still have no spark you will need an ohmn meter and start testing the stator and ignition timing sensors. If you go to Country Cats site they have Cat manuals available. Home page scroll to the bottom and hit technical info. Good luck

J
Dec 17, 2020
You were right about the stator. Took the aftermarket out and put the old back in after ohming it out and sled runs fine for now. We'll see what happens next. Thanks guys

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
You were right about the stator. Took the aftermarket out and put the old back in after ohming it out and sled runs fine for now. We'll see what happens next. Thanks guys

Don't ever listen to that shop again

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
I agree with kidwoo they replaced everything with no troubleshooting. ECM, stator, harness, and regulator no body is that unlucky! Glad you found the problem.

Premium Features