• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hoping to turbo my 2015 pro.

T
Nov 25, 2015
Red deer AB
He guys new here. Just hoping you guys have better clue about this then the local dealers be cause they have no clue.

I have a brand new turbo kit off of a 2012 pro and I'm trying to put it on my 2015 was told the only difference is I'll need an exhaust bracket and the wiring harness has changed. So I was given this number for the harness kit but they are closed till Monday. Techlusion inc (406-388-2377). Just wondering if anyone else has done this or heard of it? Contact that gave me techlusion to call said he has done it a few times.

Thanks ahead!

P

purepolaris600

Aug 21, 2009
Elkader iowa
Well first off we need a little more info like what brand of turbo kit Is it. Also how can it be a brand new kit but came off a 12 sled. There are a lot of people on here with great turbo experience but we just need more info on the kit you got thanks

V
Nov 23, 2015
I ran my 2013 PRO RMK into a tree and took the Boondocker turbo kit off and put it into a 2014 PRO RMK. I know this is a much closer year range but the only problems I ran into which you will more than likely run into also is you will need to contact the manufacturer (like i contacted boondocker) and get fuel mapping, boost, etc numbers to enter into the control box. It ran like crap until I entered in the new numbers

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Im currently in the process of putting a 2012 Silber kit on my 2013, so far the difference ive seen are the fuel controller, they had different secondary injectors, and the exhaust bracket, otherwise they should be the same

T
Nov 25, 2015
Red deer AB
Well first off we need a little more info like what brand of turbo kit Is it. Also how can it be a brand new kit but came off a 12 sled. There are a lot of people on here with great turbo experience but we just need more info on the kit you got thanks

It's a silber non intercooled kit. It was rode once on the 2012. So not brand new I guess but close.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Did you just order the right items from silber?

Exhaust bracket I got from the dealership its just off of a 2012 pro, and then fuel controller I was lucky enough to find a snowest member who upgraded to the new components so he had injectors and a controller laying around. As far as I know Silber doesnt have any of the older style controllers hanging around anymore, at least he didnt when I last called a month or two ago. I looked into it a bit and if money allowed what I would of done is a boondocker box and then you can get either their injectors or splice the wiring harness to work with your injectors. If I didnt find this used Silber controller that was my plan.

Also one more thing I forgot was the 2013 Silber kit also runs another sensor Bosh 0 281 002 845, since the 2012 kits dont have a spot for that I simply drilled and tapped both the stock bosh sensor and this one into my charge box, holds nice and tight and wasnt to hard.

If you have the money id put a boony box in it, or I know Brycter has some Bully dog GT boxes for sale and he can sell you his injectors all for way cheaper then a boony, but then you are stuck tuning off of a computer.

Needless to say any box can be made to work you just need to be able to match injectors to it and then know that there likely wont be any maps kicking around for your exact setup so youre on your own for tuning...

T
Nov 25, 2015
Red deer AB
Exhaust bracket I got from the dealership its just off of a 2012 pro, and then fuel controller I was lucky enough to find a snowest member who upgraded to the new components so he had injectors and a controller laying around. As far as I know Silber doesnt have any of the older style controllers hanging around anymore, at least he didnt when I last called a month or two ago. I looked into it a bit and if money allowed what I would of done is a boondocker box and then you can get either their injectors or splice the wiring harness to work with your injectors. If I didnt find this used Silber controller that was my plan.

Also one more thing I forgot was the 2013 Silber kit also runs another sensor Bosh 0 281 002 845, since the 2012 kits dont have a spot for that I simply drilled and tapped both the stock bosh sensor and this one into my charge box, holds nice and tight and wasnt to hard.

If you have the money id put a boony box in it, or I know Brycter has some Bully dog GT boxes for sale and he can sell you his injectors all for way cheaper then a boony, but then you are stuck tuning off of a computer.

Needless to say any box can be made to work you just need to be able to match injectors to it and then know that there likely wont be any maps kicking around for your exact setup so youre on your own for tuning...

Awesome I'll try and get some injectors and a tuner! Thank you. I'll let you guys know how I make out.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
Twerdy since yours is a 15 why don't you upgrade to the 13 and newer style ?
folks seem to be very happy with it

T
Nov 25, 2015
Red deer AB
Let me know what you end up going with for a tuner too, really curious how everything runs since we are doing a similar build here! Good luck

Yes I will I got ahold of techlusion they are building me a harness so the kit will fit my sled only thing I will need is the exhaust bracket off a 2012. I'd give them a call to save some money.. And have easy fuel mapping. I think I'm going to run a bullydog tuner but will post as I get kit finished up and running good.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Alright heres another update since youll be encountering this soon too. The actual down pipe is different on the older kits, since it came off of a pre belt drive kit its angled in a way that it will hit the break, and if you try to just slide it around itll hit the motor and so on.... SO I talked to Boston racing who is very helpful and sounds like you might be able to just get a new downpipe and also the flange going to the turbo itself is a different angle. SO instead of hoping everything works out I started doing some cutting and, well, im changing the setup to something I like more anyways. Heres a pic of what ill be doing, going to find someone to weld it for me tomorrow.

IMG_4489.jpg

T
Nov 25, 2015
Red deer AB
Alright heres another update since youll be encountering this soon too. The actual down pipe is different on the older kits, since it came off of a pre belt drive kit its angled in a way that it will hit the break, and if you try to just slide it around itll hit the motor and so on.... SO I talked to Boston racing who is very helpful and sounds like you might be able to just get a new downpipe and also the flange going to the turbo itself is a different angle. SO instead of hoping everything works out I started doing some cutting and, well, im changing the setup to something I like more anyways. Heres a pic of what ill be doing, going to find someone to weld it for me tomorrow.

Good thing I work with welders.. Lol thanks for that info.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Well even though it might not be Silber newest and best kit, id say my first weekend ever on polaris and first weekend on this build was pretty alright! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnjjl9aBwoo&feature=youtu.be

Hard to tune not being able to see gauges but the kit ran spot on all weekend and didnt have any issues with the build, turbo worked perfect rotated sideways like that. Good luck on your build Twerdy!

T
Nov 25, 2015
Red deer AB
Well even though it might not be Silber newest and best kit, id say my first weekend ever on polaris and first weekend on this build was pretty alright! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnjjl9aBwoo&feature=youtu.be

Hard to tune not being able to see gauges but the kit ran spot on all weekend and didnt have any issues with the build, turbo worked perfect rotated sideways like that. Good luck on your build Twerdy!

Got it running yesterday seems to be running very good. Loading up today and headed to Revelstoke so I will let you know after the weekend.

http://youtu.be/70-zr-MZJKw

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Got it running yesterday seems to be running very good. Loading up today and headed to Revelstoke so I will let you know after the weekend.

http://youtu.be/70-zr-MZJKw

Is your turbo sitting just like I did mine? Looks like it. Curious how you did your intake too I just went straight up and into the airbox on the right side with some heater hose they call it. Also curious how you moved your pull rope out of the way

T
Nov 25, 2015
Red deer AB
Is your turbo sitting just like I did mine? Looks like it. Curious how you did your intake too I just went straight up and into the airbox on the right side with some heater hose they call it. Also curious how you moved your pull rope out of the way

Yes my turbo is just like yours. I put a K&N turbo filter right on top of the turbo. Just got home from Revy I will post video when I get a chance to upload them. Ran awesome all three days. Pulled side by side with my buddies tss turbo kit on his 2016 axys so I'm happy with the turn out on mine. I'm electric start so I wasn't to worried about my pull start so I just put a thick tape around the coolant line to protect the coolant line.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Yes my turbo is just like yours. I put a K&N turbo filter right on top of the turbo. Just got home from Revy I will post video when I get a chance to upload them. Ran awesome all three days. Pulled side by side with my buddies tss turbo kit on his 2016 axys so I'm happy with the turn out on mine. I'm electric start so I wasn't to worried about my pull start so I just put a thick tape around the coolant line to protect the coolant line.

Awesome! What did you end up running for a fuel controller?

Premium Features